Advertisement

Author Topic: Dang! Going through some folks facebooks... outta  (Read 1072 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Dang! Going through some folks facebooks... outta
« on: February 10, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »
the fact that this place is "dead"....

I noticed a lot of girls and guys who are hmongs...

Looks like to me they've really assimulated to modern "American" society..

I look at the way they dress and just how they look in general... aint nothing hmong about them at all...

Whether it's the way they've fixed up their outward appearance physically or stylistically. .they just don't really look like they are hmong people's anymore..

Yeah yeah "what defines hmong?  It's not the way they dress!" some would argue..

I'd even go as far as to say to assimulate is to lose your own identity, what makes you really you...

Kinda sad... I look at the pictures and all I see is people who are lost...identit y wise..

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Re: Dang! Going through some folks facebooks... outta
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:55:45 AM »
I keep saying soon Hmong people will view Hmong people as just another Asian person.  I mean its already started and going strong.  All my grand children don't even speak Hmong.  Lose the language you pretty much have no interest, ties, common ground with the culture.  It happens to the Chinese, Filipino and other Asian groups here in America, Hmong is no different. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Dang! Going through some folks facebooks... outta
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 02:23:52 PM »
Because america the beautiful.  Everyone that likes the western world would go after that Western looks.  American made products if given as gifts to them they mostly cherished. 

They want to look like us and we want to look like them.  Go figures. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements