Advertisement

Author Topic: My 2015 Altima SQUEAK when I braked and make this ROOOM ROOM sound  (Read 311 times)

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Hello there... Ever since I got my tires rotated at Nissan Dealership, my brake squeak loudly. Do you guys know what could of been the problem? Also, ever since my partner changed my brakes, I guess he must of not done a good job, when I braked my brakes goes room room like it's accelerating. I don't know how to explain. My car doesn't drive as smooth as before but it brakes good and everything. I'm frustrated.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +147
    • View Profile
Re: My 2015 Altima SQUEAK when I braked and make this ROOOM ROOM sound
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:23:52 PM »
I don’t know much about brakes but I have never heard anyone describe the sound coming from the brakes with a “room room” sound.  Usually the sounds are, squeaking, grinding, thumping, squealing and scraping.

Our journey has just begun. Ai sunya nong tha lod si vit.

My heart is in your hand. Huk nong soot houa jai.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +286
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 03:55:57 PM »
Your pads probably not bedded properly?  Either that or the dust guards are scratching the rotors?

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
I don’t know much about brakes but I have never heard anyone describe the sound coming from the brakes with a “room room” sound.  Usually the sounds are, squeaking, grinding, thumping, squealing and scraping.

YES it's a grinding noise...  ;D I don't know where I got that room room sound from but I tried. After my partner changed my brakes, when I stopped, it makes that noise. My bil said he doesn't hear it but my sisters and I we do. One of my other bil said maybe he didn't loosen it up. I'm like oh yo, I don't know either.

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
Your pads probably not bedded properly?  Either that or the dust guards are scratching the rotors?

Ohhh, I'll have to tell my bil if that's possible too. Thanks for the suggestion. I feel like it's grinding onto my tires or something.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »
Theposter may be right on this one. That happened to me once. My uncle and I had to clean it and re-adjust the drums.

Our journey has just begun. Ai sunya nong tha lod si vit.

My heart is in your hand. Huk nong soot houa jai.

Offline MissKhou85

• PH Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 05:08:09 PM »
Okay! Thanks PL. I'll have to tell my bil and see if these could be the problem. At least I'm one step closer to finding the answer.  :)

Advertisements