Advertisement

Author Topic: Glad these Hmong frauds in Merced are caught (if true)..Summerberry, more info??  (Read 3146 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Doesn't matter if it's Wall Street frauds, welfare frauds, SSI frauds, or insurance frauds, these fraudulent activities are all bad... :idiot2: :knuppel2::

Owners accused of burning down California store

Merced County, CA -- Merced Police arrested a couple they claim set fire to their own business in 2016. Mai Moua and Zang Her were booked for arson and insurance fraud after they allegedly torched the UC Oriental Market. Police arrested them in the City of Merced on Thursday morning. Officers arrested Her during a vehicle stop in north Merced. They later arrested Moua at the couple's home. Merced County District Attorney, Larry Morse, wouldn't go into the details of the evidence but said investigators found there were findings of financial motives. He said the totality of findings was enough to make the arrests.

...The 7,500-square-foot building and its contents were “deemed a total loss" of "conservatively" $1.8 million, including insurance payouts and the staffing time of investigators, according to Chief Michael Wilkinson of Merced City Fire Department..

..The couple was arrested around 7 a.m. Thursday on suspicion of arson and fraud, officials said. They are each held in lieu of $75,000 bail, according to jail records.

Arson is considered a strike under California law, and the couple could face up to seven years in state prison if convicted, Morse said.

The couple purchased the business inside the building just four months before the fire, according to a member of the family who owns the building.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
No sympathy for them.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:17:48 PM by SummerBerry »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
No sympathy for them.

Yep, "no sympathy" here for frauds either as they are the ones that decide to make those bad judgment. And like I've said, doesn't matter if it's insurance, welfare, ssi, worker's comp, etc., fraud...fraud is fraud...

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
At this point it’s just guesses. In general, those two are a good hardworking couple.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
how is theking to judge when they have not been convicted.  investigator are probably making false allegations/charges due to the high policy claim.  people pay insurance in case sh!t like this happens.

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
how is theking to judge when they have not been convicted.  investigator are probably making false allegations/charges due to the high policy claim.  people pay insurance in case sh!t like this happens.

So where do you think they got the idea to put them on bail?  That means they were booked into county jail. 

I say they have cameras footage.  They could of hired a white guy, umm no how about a black guy to take the fall?

The mo is nothing new.  Poor business owners is a good mo.

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
So where do you think they got the idea to put them on bail?  That means they were booked into county jail. 

I say they have cameras footage.  They could of hired a white guy, umm no how about a black guy to take the fall?

The mo is nothing new.  Poor business owners is a good mo.
aww come on duma!  it's like you buying your wife a $1million policy and she dies mysteriously after coming from overseas, 4months ago!  i would not judge you, even if they charge you with murder.  it's your first one, sh!t happens!  2nd is questionable but i can't say about the 3rd or 4th one, though!  :P

« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:51:50 PM by ZDN »

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
At this point it’s just guesses. In general, those two are a good hardworking couple.

Innocent until proven guilty which is why I put "if true"...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

how is the invalid trump disciple that's dunce and full of trump semen disciple is still so dunce and full of his master trump's semen...His master trump's semen continues to affect his reading comp but nothing "new" when it comes to the invalid dunce trump disciple...I mean I even put "if true" in parenthesis so it's easier to see...What an invalid dunce!

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Their business s u c k s at old location. Why bother to take over a bigger location/Kia Lee Market.

They never had anything to buy there. Previous owner I would go get hot foods but nothing else. When Zang Her and Mai Moua took over. 1-3 trip for hot foods was not like before. They mught survived there or get by because Papaya Lady is in the back.  That little section where a guy was selling phone card and cell phone.

Did u know that Kia Lee told them that if they want all her fabrics from her store. She will sell it to them for 100k. They didn't buy it. When they had grand opening. I didn't go but a month later. Store ain't profitable just by looking. No wonder they burn it down after 3/4 months.

Didn't you tell me the owner is the brother of UC Merced Chief of Police Chue Her? 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Like in most case it just insurance fraud. In this case regardless of what anyone is saying... Their business s u c k s. They must be blind unlike customer who see how a store is....

Merced went from 6 Hmong stores to only 2 now. One just closed in March. Lying that they have too much inventory and was having a sale in Feb. I didn't go even though I frequent that store the most for quick grab in and out. I went one day later and whatever is left in that store was hauled in a U-Haul to the store in Atwater. I know the owner in Atwater too.

Think of Hmong stores like having expired shelves. I can't trust going shopping anymore. I can get my Asian stuffs at Food 4 Less or RN market for cheaper.

DeadbeatDAD

Was in and our of merced many times and there is no way this store should have been burnt for insurance fraud because things dont add up.
Do people really think insurance claim adjusters dont investigate?
Some people got away while some didnt.
We will see...

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Was in and our of merced many times and there is no way this store should have been burnt for insurance fraud because things dont add up.
Do people really think insurance claim adjusters dont investigate?
Some people got away while some didnt.
We will see...

That is because you’re talking about the previously owner.  They’re been there ever since I’ve been living in Merced for 20 yrs. I just don’t shop there.  I have no idea when they start their business. 

Zang Her and Mai Moua took over the location and had their grand opening in May/June/August of 2016 and then store went up in smokes December 2016. The previous owner Kia Lee took all her stuffs in the store.  New owner set it up different. 

DeadbeatDAD

Okay, its coming clear to me now. The business was doing okay, but the previous owners probbaly was into the $$ business and gave it to the new owners and they wanted fast $$ for $$215..? Conspiracy...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Sad all around if true...

Advertisements