Advertisement

Author Topic: living off the land (for a meal or two)... there's something just so natural...  (Read 2544 times)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
i hunt, fish, camp
there are no ghost

just animals

Like this post: 0
God did not created man...man created god

Adverstisement

flint-rod

what about ticks and mosquitos and all the insects or bugs that could be crawling up your most sensitive areas? how about water snakes or poisonous creatures?  what about serial rapists or killers? do u think about all those when you're out at night fishing? someone can shoot u and throw u out in the water ...have u ever pom dab or unexplainable figures while out there fishing late at night? and something about 3am or was it 2am that spirits come roaming out especially because that's when they wake up cuz they've been partying in hell.

ya'know... truth be told... i don't ever think about things like that when i'm out and about fishing during all hours of the night... i'm a very friendly person and if i see someone... chances are, i'll initiate a conversation.. . it's funny because when i see hmong people fishing... i'll just say hi and bye but when i see other folks... i'll talk to them for hours on end...

when it comes to insects/bugs... bug spray... snakes, i've encounter many while fishing but if you keep your distance... you'll be fine... oh, quick story... so baby rattle snakes are by far more dangerous than adult rattle snakes because they have yet to control their number of attacks on its subject... anyway, this one time i was fishing out east... the area had about a 3 feet drop off before the shore line... i caught a fish on top of the drop off and jumped down to get my fish... immediately after i landed, i heard a hissing behind my heels... tucked in that ledge was a baby rattler coiled up scared to death... i was surprised myself too but i slowly retrieved my fish and climbed back up that drop off... lol!

btw, whenever i encounter snakes... it's a sign of good fishing for me... last year my brother in laws and i drove out east to fish... they stayed by the car to fish while i walked close to a 1 mile on top of the dam to fish... i encountered this giant 7 feet long bull snake... now if you don't know any better, they look a lot like rattle snakes minus the rattle and vemon... they're good snakes because not only do they eat rodents, they eat rattle snakes... anyway, it was laying across my path... i stomped my feet twice and told it to move... it did and lo and behold when i got to my fishing spot... crappy non-stop... cast after cast... lol!

Like this post: +1

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
Looking good!! 

flint-rod

if I remembered correctly isn't it a bad omen if a snake was to cross your path? but because koj ntseeg vajtswv ces do think god sent you a serpent and btw do u eat an apple when u go fishing too?

lol... yes, i eat fruits and veggies because it helps with the digestive system... back when i used to eat white rice on a daily basis... i would get so constipated whenever i went camping and fishing... now-a-days... since i limit my white rice intake to make once a month if even that... my bowel movements have been superb...

i've heard stories about snakes crossing one's path as bad omen or something bad is to come but all the times i've encountered snakes... i actually catch a lot of fish...

flint-rod

do you also preach the gospel too? because I'm still confused as a new born Christian.  :dontknow: for some reason when I do bible studies w/ my coworkers I do not understand anything. I realized that I do better at watching movies about it then sitting in church every sunday and hearing the pastor preach...for some reason I cannot tolerate people talking for too long.

have you ever considered that you may have adult add or adhd... it's very possible...?

flint-rod

lol!  according to google, I'm not fidgeting or having impulsive behavior...whe n it comes to certain things about religion, I do not feel that one is above the other or that because my side of the family does not know god doesn't mean that they will go to hell...well, I am kinda annoyed when I am being told that...so maybe partial adhd! lol!

there are certain degrees of add/adhd... fidgeting and acting out tends to happen more so when you're younger... i should know, i deal with plenty of them but as adults... it's more so about focusing on certain tasks... or thoughts... i'm no expert but thought i should throw it out there for you...   

Advertisements