Advertisement

Author Topic: HMONG: The Rich are getting richer  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
HMONG: The Rich are getting richer
« on: July 24, 2018, 09:56:23 AM »
Ok, so over the weekend I went over to well to do hmong family.  The wife was telling me her maid comes to clean the house a few times a month.

What's your encounter like w/ rich hmong folks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: HMONG: The Rich are getting richer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 10:09:56 AM »
We don't have to flaunt that.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline starchaser1989

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »
Every rich person use and abuse their status.  Even poor people who claim they will do good when they get rich will do the same use and abuse their financial status.  We can say, Yeah money make you do Sh1t and change who you use to be when you were poor, lol.  But then money don't determine your happy tho.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:21:27 AM »
The boiled chickens at the flea markets have gone up from $8.00 two years ago to $15.00 the other day.

We all grew up giving one another free chickens at one time.

"...

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »
my brother is rich like that
dude stop participating in our family event

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 10:32:31 AM »
I really don't see anything wrong w/ what she said.  It just made me realize that some hmong are living the american dream.  She's a pretty busy lady herself so I can understand.  I'm a busy lady too and I could use a "maid every now and then ;D ;D ;D ;D" and let me add, a cook, a chauffeur, etc... because I'm all of those right now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think having $$, entrusting w/ $$, you have a responsibility to put that $$ to better society, the world like Bill Gates and Melinda.  What bothers me most about rich people is when they fail to see the impact they make for a better society.... that bothers me alot.  Hmong or mekas, I don't like people w/ values like that.  That's my thing against the rich.  Other than that,  I'm fine.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:47 AM »
I really don't see anything wrong w/ what she said.  It just made me realize that some hmong are living the american dream.  She's a pretty busy lady herself so I can understand.  I'm a busy lady too and I could use a "maid every now and then ;D ;D ;D ;D" and let me add, a cook, a chauffeur, etc... because I'm all of those right now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think having $$, entrusting w/ $$, you have a responsibility to put that $$ to better society, the world like Bill Gates and Melinda.  What bothers me most about rich people is when they fail to see the impact they make for a better society.... that bothers me alot.  Hmong or mekas, I don't like people w/ values like that.  That's my thing against the rich.  Other than that,  I'm fine.

my brother being a really A hole since he start making lots of $$$
already a NO SHOW in alot of our family event

don't even count on him being at the shaman
baby shower?? you can forget about that

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »
Sometimes $$ change people for the worse.

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
doesn't matter how rich or how poor a person is.  our grave is the same, 2.5' x 8'.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 11:00:30 AM »
I don't want to think about death when I'm alive.

doesn't matter how rich or how poor a person is.  our grave is the same, 2.5' x 8'.

"...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
I don't want to think about death when I'm alive.
I don't either but it's bound to happen.  okay.......hap py thoughts, happy thoughts.

Offline Gucci K

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +164
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
my occasional encounter with rich hmong folks are usually at the clubs.  there's only 12 of us and everyone have a case of their own ready to pour around the table...since it's all paid by one person...i opted for a bottle of blue label to pour instead.  i'm not leaching, i don't know about the other 11 people but i got you next time!

i have a cousin who lives in southern cali, he takes the bus to work, hardly eats out, low social status, hardly any goes out, all money earned are going into bills...by next month, he will be sitting on a million dollar property, all debts free, and retiring by the end of the year.  he wants to take me to Laos, ambitiously working on my citizenship papers! 

wb Zaj Dab Neeg xaus lawm...

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 04:42:43 PM »
Ok, so over the weekend I went over to well to do hmong family.  The wife was telling me her maid comes to clean the house a few times a month.

What's your encounter like w/ rich hmong folks ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thats called being stupid. My uncle told us that instead of cutting his own .1 acre of grass, he rather pay a mexican $40 every two weeks to cut it for him. He was so confidence and proud of himself. I just smile and said sure, thats cool ::)  He does some traveling for work and all but thats no excuse :idiot2: :P ::)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 04:57:28 PM by Yebleng »

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 06:40:04 PM »
thats called being stupid. My uncle told us that instead of cutting his own .1 acre of grass, he rather pay a mexican $40 every two weeks to cut it for him. He was so confidence and proud of himself. I just smile and said sure, thats cool ::)  He does some traveling for work and all but thats no excuse :idiot2: :P ::)

Time is money. Some people pay others for their time and some spend their time at work to be paid. I rather pay others so I can have more time.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2018, 01:20:35 AM »
Time is money. Some people pay others for their time and some spend their time at work to be paid. I rather pay others so I can have more time.

Yep...I've maintained my own vehicles and properties but have also paid for those services due to the simple fact of "Time is money"...

I mean it's not much different than when we eat out, do carry out or have food deliver to our home made by other people...

Advertisements