Advertisement

Author Topic: Talked some sense into a Hmong woman so she could stop re-directing her  (Read 527 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...anger towards her much younger half siblings...

She's angry because as a teenager, her step-dad treated her pretty bad back in Laos both verbally and physically. Her biological mom couldn't do much to help because if she speaks up, she gets abuse too. Then years later, after she was married off, her mom and step-dad had a couple of more kids...

Fast forward to today. She confined to me that although her much younger half siblings share the same mom with her, she despises them because of the way their biological treated her back in Laos...

I told her that your half siblings had nothing to do with what happened so you need to wake up and get over it. You can go to your step-dad's grave and curse him and piss on his grave but re-directing your anger towards your half siblings is not the right move because they had nothing to do with how he treated you growing up. In fact, they weren't even born yet...

Not sure why some people do that but just thought I share in case you heard of similar cases too.. ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Re: Talked some sense into a Hmong woman so she could stop re-directing her
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »
There's nothing wrong with despising half siblings, if they're spoiled or can't do anything right. But to do that just because they're her half siblings and that she was abused, doing it for all the wrong reasons. She definitely, need to get over it.

Peachy Fish

Re: Talked some sense into a Hmong woman so she could stop re-directing her
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:06:00 PM »
That's unfortunate. Better she learns now versus when one of them passes away. All of the lost opportunities to make memories and bond!

Advertisements