Advertisement

Author Topic: Listening to May Vang stories...  (Read 6177 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Listening to May Vang stories...
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »
Depends...plus there are society where you can "marry" multiple spouses so a "divorce" is not needed...
  That's nice, sir.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »

Visionary

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 02:52:18 AM »
May Vang is a great storyteller. I admire her ability greatly.

From what I've heard of those who know her well, this is her 2nd marriage. Her current husband was once a txiv mos ab. Not that it makes them any less of a person.

I too look forward to her life story someday. We can all learn from her stories.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 08:58:25 AM »
I know!
I'm just surprised you didn't use the word 'primitive' this time, when describing those societies with multiple spouses.  Have you really changed or is it because this time, the statement supports your opinion?

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 09:00:26 AM »
May Vang is a great storyteller. I admire her ability greatly.

From what I've heard of those who know her well, this is her 2nd marriage. Her current husband was once a txiv mos ab. Not that it makes them any less of a person.

I too look forward to her life story someday. We can all learn from her stories.
2nd, third, doesn't matter.  As long as people find happiness, I'm fine with that.  Your life, your choices.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 11:25:24 AM »
I'm just surprised you didn't use the word 'primitive' this time, when describing those societies with multiple spouses.  Have you really changed or is it because this time, the statement supports your opinion?

It depends.  :2funny:

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »
Does she rehash old stories though?  I've heard some, then I hear another story later on that sounds almost the same but with some minor differences in details.  Or is it just a dejavu thing? ???

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 04:35:55 PM »
I used to listen to that guy HmongBedTimeSt ories but I haven't listen to him in awhile. Seems like the stories are the same over and over every channel. I mostly enjoy the orphanage and long lost love stories ;D ;)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 05:05:30 PM »

I'm NOT "surprised" that you continue to crawl back to prove me right after crying "ignore"..I know, I know, it's the foam...And I agree with the previous statement that it IS "nice"... O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 05:06:05 PM »

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 03:40:28 AM »
I'm NOT "surprised" that you continue to crawl back to prove me right after crying "ignore"..I know, I know, it's the foam...But you were surprised by his replies in this current topic. And I agree with the previous statement that it IS "nice"... O0

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:43:56 AM by dogmai »

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 04:19:42 AM »
I'm NOT "surprised" that you continue to crawl back to prove me right after crying "ignore"..I know, I know, it's the foam...And I agree with the previous statement that it IS "nice"... O0

You do realize that you just dug yourself a hole with you agreeing that it is "nice".. Now it all DEPENDS on what YAX meant or was referring to when he used "nice".

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 10:31:12 AM »
When dealing with theKing, you have to look at the motive of his responses.  His motives are generally not related to the actual topic, it's more along the lines of:

1. Angry response. -name calling, repeating a previous argument he's lost, totally out of context "no land", "foaming", "Trump's.." etc
2. Trying to look smart even when everyone else can see that he has nothing to contribute to the discussion because his ideas are flawed. - using the universal response that would apply to almost any situation: depends. or "love it" with quotes from others
3. Just trying to get the last word in on a thread he killed off by hijacking it with his crude comments that's aimed at bullying other PHers. -Pretty much every thread that ends with him having the last word in.

What else?

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 10:44:18 AM »
I'm hungry......oo ops, this suppose to be about may vang stories.

I enjoy listening to her.  Nice voice/laugh and some good stories people sent in for her to tell.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 11:12:12 AM »
I'm hungry......oo ops, this suppose to be about may vang stories.

I enjoy listening to her.  Nice voice/laugh and some good stories people sent in for her to tell.
After listening to a bunch, I come to realize that most of her stories are tragedies.  Frustrating sometimes, sad most of the time.  I guess that's what most people want to hear so they'll feel better about themselves.

Advertisements