Advertisement

Author Topic: I saw the real deal in Iceland so those of you in MN and WI might get a glimpse  (Read 124116 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...of it this weekend??  ???:

"Some lucky portions of the northern U.S. will get to witness the Northern Lights this weekend

The northern lights will be visible as far south as Wisconsin and Michigan over Labor Day weekend"

The light show, forecast for Saturday and Sunday, is a result of geomagnetic storm activity, NOAA says.
The northern lights are a common sight for Americans in Alaska, but over Labor Day weekend the phenomena will brush down into parts of the contiguous US, including Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, Vermont, and Maine.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:47:30 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
I'll be sure to look up in the sky but city lights makes that light show...bland.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
Gotta go see this. Where is the highest point here in the twin cities, excluding buildings?

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Have not seen it yet since I’ve been here.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
too bad it's been cloudy nights...

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Probably have to go to an area with the least light pollution meaning the wilderness, desert, etc. Even in Iceland, we had to ventured to the outskirts of Reykjavik to see it..

Advertisements