Advertisement

Author Topic: Guess Russell Wilson's $140 mil contract was a bargain for the Seahawks  (Read 523 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..and others. That contract made him the highest paid QB annually...Can't really blame the Seahawks though as they either sign him or he can get an offer from another team that's willing to pay that amount if not more as since there's not too many Russell Wilson around...(SUPPLY/DEMAND) ???:

NFL Winners and Losers: At $140 million, potential MVP Russell Wilson might be bargain to Seahawks

Russell Wilson is one of the NFL’s blank check players. Meaning, the Seattle Seahawks should just hand him a blank check and tell him to write in whatever he wants.

There was contract angst this offseason. Wilson wanted an extension. He set a deadline of April 15 for Seattle to get it done. The only question was how much Seattle would pay. The answer was $140 million over four years.

Wilson has never won an MVP, but he has done just about everything else. He is a Super Bowl champion and one of the greatest quarterbacks of this generation. He looks like a future Hall of Famer. And he might win that MVP this season.

Wilson was brilliant again on Sunday, as he puts together the type of season that could be historic. Wilson had 295 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in a 32-28 win over the Cleveland Browns. When the Browns took a late lead, Wilson calmly led a game-winning drive in the final five minutes.

The Seahawks are 5-1. If they didn’t have Wilson, it’s fair to wonder if that record would be flipped. Wilson is the very definition of valuable.

The Seahawks have made some odd organizational decisions, but it doesn’t matter because Wilson erases so many mistakes. Seattle wants to play a run-first style in a pass-first NFL. They’ve let several superstars from the “Legion of Boom” era go. They have not done a great job getting Wilson a competent offensive line or a great set of receivers. Wilson just thrives with whatever he’s given.

Wilson has 14 touchdowns and no interceptions this season. His 117.6 passer rating on Sunday actually brought down his rating for the season. He came into Sunday with a league-leading 128.4 rating. The NFL’s single-season record is 122.5 by Aaron Rodgers.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:31:29 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
DangerousWilso n is a steal for sure. Master of scrambling.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements