Advertisement

Author Topic: Some commented about the neighborhood Xy Lee was shot in and I can see it  (Read 3171 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
I think anytime you're in a neighborhood where many homes have burglar bars on doors and windows, the chance of becoming a victim is just higher. This photo taken of the home where Xy was shot at kind of remind me of the homes in my old neighborhood in Richmond, CA:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
Have you seen the live video of Paula Yang reporting from the back of the house? ...man, its disturbing.  *Viewer discretion is advised* :'( :-X

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
Disrespectful of her.  Very disturbing videos.   

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
If you look at the windows, why are they too not bar up as well? 

Having a gated front door could be the owner's way of making his house look pretty. 

I dunno but I think those bar are not safe in other circumstances like a house fire. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Every time I think of Richmond or Fresno, I automatically think of ghetto. The last 43 years, I visited Richmond 0 and Fresno, a few times.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Have you seen the live video of Paula Yang reporting from the back of the house? ...man, its disturbing.  *Viewer discretion is advised* :'( :-X

Yeah, I would've kicked her off the property.

Offline blia

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
I'll have to disagree on this ignorant statement. Sometimes they have it so that in the hot summer months they can just open it for air or secure their doors so the little kids won't get out  ::) of course it's to secure the doors but just because one has the bars don't mean that there's a higher chance of becoming a victim

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
I'll have to disagree on this ignorant statement. Sometimes they have it so that in the hot summer months they can just open it for air or secure their doors so the little kids won't get out  ::) of course it's to secure the doors but just because one has the bars don't mean that there's a higher chance of becoming a victim

I understand your point and by no means am I agreeing with the OP, but that's a weak argument. I've lived off the ground floor and no where have I encountered bars on windows for the sake of kids falling out when windows are opened for ventilation. For the most part, bars provide 2 things; added security and decorations. I don't believe I've ever heard that argument regarding bars on windows before. As for bars on doors, I've ever only had it for security. Otherwise it's screened doors.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:52:53 PM by lexicon »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
They all have a point onto why a screen door is necessary a needed item for their home.  If you live in a bug infested place, it is wise to get one.  If you live in the ghetto, you can  have one too.  Now get this, the rich place also can get a security bar door as well but hear me out.

If you want to rob someone, do you want to rob the rich or the poor?  If you rob the poor from the ghetto, enjoy your 72 inch box tv.  I'm heading to the rich area of town where they give out big chocolate bars candy and this is the reason why some rich neighborhood houses do have these bars on their windows.

Also, in the west like arizona where mexican is the next state over, it can be a style statement.  Take a look at this here for references.

But still, as a home owner, do you want to increase the valuation of your home?  IF yes then why put bars on your door for?  It is like you are living in a prison type of an environment.

but still though, what about your safety?  It is called a security door for a reason. 

but still though.....  see where I am going with this? 

IT STILL DEPENDS....    :2funny:

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Basically what you are saying is that theking is an idiot for stereotyping where crimes are more likely to happen. Just like how theking can't tell the difference between beef and pork.

They all have a point onto why a screen door is necessary a needed item for their home.  If you live in a bug infested place, it is wise to get one.  If you live in the ghetto, you can  have one too.  Now get this, the rich place also can get a security bar door as well but hear me out.

If you want to rob someone, do you want to rob the rich or the poor?  If you rob the poor from the ghetto, enjoy your 72 inch box tv.  I'm heading to the rich area of town where they give out big chocolate bars candy and this is the reason why some rich neighborhood houses do have these bars on their windows.

Also, in the west like arizona where mexican is the next state over, it can be a style statement.  Take a look at this here for references.

But still, as a home owner, do you want to increase the valuation of your home?  IF yes then why put bars on your door for?  It is like you are living in a prison type of an environment.

but still though, what about your safety?  It is called a security door for a reason. 

but still though.....  see where I am going with this? 

IT STILL DEPENDS....    :2funny:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Some commented about the neighborhood Xy Lee was shot in and I can see it
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »
I understand your point and by no means am I agreeing with the OP, but that's a weak argument. I've lived off the ground floor and no where have I encountered bars on windows for the sake of kids falling out when windows are opened for ventilation. For the most part, bars provide 2 things; added security and decorations. I don't believe I've ever heard that argument regarding bars on windows before. As for bars on doors, I've ever only had it for security. Otherwise it's screened doors.

Blia does have a "weak argument" because fact is neighborhoods where you see many homes with burglar bars on its' windows and/or doors do usually translate into higher crime rates and thus, increasing the chance of being victimized too..

Hence, the term, *burglar* bars...Simple fact.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 04:57:33 PM »
Basically what you are saying is that theking is an idiot for stereotyping where crimes are more likely to happen. Just like how theking can't tell the difference between beef and pork.

Oh look who came crawling back to prove how much of cry baby "idiot" he is, that's right, it's the "one" and only "idiot" tai.."Just like how" he is still foaming from the time I made him cry so badly, he ran crying to the "mods and admins"..and told them how "unfair" life is because he didn't have the "last word"..

This is what the "one" and only "idiot" cried to the "mods and admins" about in a jist:

"Admins and Mods, I think it's unfair how a locked thread is still visible to all" (BOO HOO). "I think it should be removed" (BOO HOO). "It pains me to know and see that while the other party has the last word, all I can do is read what he/she has to say and can't respond" (BOO HOO HOO). "Please take into consideration what I have said because not being able to respond and have the last word really drives me nuts" (BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO....)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Funny as FK seeing a supposedly grown man throwing that kind of baby behavior and tantrums so if anyone wants to see the original version, PM me. I can post it for all to see but the "one" and only "idiot" will just run to the "mods and admins" and cry them a river about how "unfair" life is again... ;D O0

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:16:24 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 05:09:33 PM »

Agree, that is "disturbing"...

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:17:03 PM by theking »

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 05:19:20 PM »

Not what I am saying.  What I or anybody saying can be interpreted or misinterpreted at will. 

If he is saying that the ghetto has bar windows and doors then he is also correct. 

see here for references

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-vs-city/848922-most-ghetto-visually-24.html

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 05:36:42 PM »
Not surprised that he doesn't have enough brain cells to comprehend what you said....which is why he's the "one" and only "idiot" tai...

Maybe I should stop before he runs to the "Mods and Admins" crying again....NAH.. .too much fun entertainment to pass up when dealing with EPIC FAIL "idiot"...I mean just look at what he cried to "mods and admins" about...the last time I made him cry like a baby... ;D ;D ;D:

"Admins and Mods, I think it's unfair how a locked thread is still visible to all" (BOO HOO). "I think it should be removed" (BOO HOO). "It pains me to know and see that while the other party has the last word, all I can do is read what he/she has to say and can't respond" (BOO HOO HOO). "Please take into consideration what I have said because not being able to respond and have the last word really drives me nuts" (BOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HOO....)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 08:18:59 PM by theking »

Advertisements