Advertisement

Author Topic: Holidays can be joyous occasions, but be careful and aware of your surroundings  (Read 857 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
This occurred at Hmong Village.  A purse snatching which dragged a woman 75 yards.  Part of the story below and refer to link for the video and more details....

Police: Woman dragged 75 yards by vehicle during purse snatching in St. Paul

A 53-year-old woman was dragged by a suspect's vehicle during a robbery in St. Paul on Sunday.  Police said the incident occurred at the Hmong Village on Johnson Parkway.

The victim, Dia Lor, was by herself, putting items in the trunk of a car when a suspect jumped out a stolen Hyundai Elantra. Surveillance cameras recorded the disturbing ambush as a prowler pounced on Lor.

'He came up from behind me and everything happened so quick,' she told 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS.

The suspect was seen on video as he grabbed Lor's purse, then punched, slammed and dragged her with the stolen getaway car for 75 yards through the parking lot. With the help of her nephew to translate, Lor said, 'all I know is if I hold onto it longer the car could possibly run me over or I could possibly be injured elsewhere so I let go.'

Through tears, Lor said the muggers made off with her purse and all of the cash she'd saved for Christmas gifts.

'We've had more than 20 cases that similar to the ones last Sunday,' said St. Paul Police Spokesman Steve Linders.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kstp.com/articles/police-woman-dragged-75-yards-by-vehicle-during-robbery-in-st-paul-5584917.html

« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:46:07 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
That's sad. Thanks for the heads-up.  O0

Like this post: +1

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
You’re welcome, One-tai.  Warn others, especially women, when out alone during this time.....even though it can happen anytime of the year.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I have told a few Hmong women not to carry cash in their purses and also not to show off their jewelries when they aren't at formal events.

Apparently, robbers know that our Hmong women carry a lot of cash in their purses.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Terrible news but thanks for sharing girl(s). This why I said, we need to make sure the punishments matche the crimes if society wants to deter it.. :knuppel2:

And women are usually the victims like the Apple picking cases in SF...

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
That sucks.  Yes, be safe out there everyone. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Where this lady GOFUNDME page
Im feeling generous this year

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements