Advertisement

Author Topic: Give us some positivity with this covid  (Read 1540 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Give us some positivity with this covid
« on: April 14, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »
I can sit here and cry to your guys all day about this covid issue and how it relates to your life. 

But what I do need is some positivity that can come out of this.  I'll go first.   O0

The first cut was the deepest and I'm talking about the 911 massive layoffs of the 2008-2009 years. This one sure feels different as it also puts a person into a handicap state since we can not even be proactively going out there to look for work. 10 millions + people are unemployed and that means 10 millions people are going to battle each other for the next job. This one is actually uglier. It robs you of your job, the world around you have changed, your relationships are in turmoil and you are cripple from going anywhere. Heck, even it robs you from going to where you needed that solitude, your place of worship is being locked out. Everyone has a story. Everyone can surely take a hit by this covid nasty story. Keep your head up and we must fight to live and survive. We just need time. Take care.

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Give us some positivity with this covid
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:57:00 AM »
I can sit here and cry to your guys all day about this covid issue and how it relates to your life. 

But what I do need is some positivity that can come out of this.  I'll go first.   O0

The first cut was the deepest and I'm talking about the 911 massive layoffs of the 2008-2009 years. This one sure feels different as it also puts a person into a handicap state since we can not even be proactively going out there to look for work. 10 millions + people are unemployed and that means 10 millions people are going to battle each other for the next job. This one is actually uglier. It robs you of your job, the world around you have changed, your relationships are in turmoil and you are cripple from going anywhere. Heck, even it robs you from going to where you needed that solitude, your place of worship is being locked out. Everyone has a story. Everyone can surely take a hit by this covid nasty story. Keep your head up and we must fight to live and survive. We just need time. Take care.

Im not in a rush
Going sit home and eat this unemployment for 26 week
Don’t hate da players
Hate da game

This is about how much i would make if i was to work anyways

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 09:02:52 AM »
Im not in a rush
Going sit home and eat this unemployment for 26 week
Don’t hate da players
Hate da game

This is about how much i would make if i was to work anyways

You do what you gotta do.  You do what is legal for you to do.  Just like how you keep all the legal fishes or kills that you do.  Just point to the law.  It is in the law and you are within the law.

I feel for the people that worked really hard to get that degree to get that dream job, only to have this covid pandemic to take everything and more away from them. 

You know what kind of people are not really that being affected?  Yup, the poor welfare people cuz them checks are still coming because the government is paying for their rent and paying for their bills so that they too may live. 

I'm not hating.  I'm just wondering if it is true. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
I haven't even reach out to my families to see if they are on furlough or got laid off and see if they needed any of my assistance. 

I'm not too sure what industry they are currently in.  I don't even know how to reach out and ask them those qualifying questions without being nosy. 

I'm sure we all know someone who are on leave and bills are coming.  Like raising rent for my friend cuz landlord lost his job.  I'm trying to help him out by dealing with his landlord.  I'll cut his grass for him if he would waive off that extra $100 bux rent increase. 

This covid story, I can talk for days.  It is all I eat at the moment but during the weekend, I'm turning everything off and listening to some good ol music to try to forget about it. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 09:10:10 AM »
I even have a story about poor management at work too. 

check this.

They got a few people getting the flu right now.  I'm not saying that they all got covid but management should request for a doctor's note or a negative test from these folks.  These folks know that if they don't work, they don't get payed so guess what they will do once they feel a little bit better?  Yep, heading back to work and become a super spreader. 

I feel for you.  I'm scared too. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 09:12:22 AM »
We used to get a bunch of us who goes on PH cuz it kills time at work.

Well guess what?  Furlough so we are not at work no more so that mean's we are not on PH.

So if there is a name missing, yep, they got laid off or on furlough. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 09:14:45 AM »
You do what you gotta do.  You do what is legal for you to do.  Just like how you keep all the legal fishes or kills that you do.  Just point to the law.  It is in the law and you are within the law.

I feel for the people that worked really hard to get that degree to get that dream job, only to have this covid pandemic to take everything and more away from them. 

You know what kind of people are not really that being affected?  Yup, the poor welfare people cuz them checks are still coming because the government is paying for their rent and paying for their bills so that they too may live. 

I'm not hating.  I'm just wondering if it is true.

People like (THEKING) are too shame
#loseface

Not me, i apply right away for unemployment
Eating about $400 weekly, that’s about how much i take home after tax anyway
Not quite the $600 they promised, might be different for you

Im not hurting

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 09:23:20 AM »
Opening windows and blinds may stop the coronavirus “settling” indoors, scientists have said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-covid19-open-windows-natural-light-121546006.html

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
People like (THEKING) are too shame
#loseface

Not me, i apply right away for unemployment
Eating about $400 weekly, that’s about how much i take home after tax anyway
Not quite the $600 they promised, might be different for you

Im not hurting

This is a "positivity" thread and I know you don't know what that word mean but LYING about working and getting "unemployment" is NOT it especially when all you get is the allowance from your "mommy's" coin belt dispenser:

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »
Give us some positivity with this covid

This is another reminder that life is precious and we should appreciate the people/things we have in our lives.   ;D

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline Mr_Mechanic

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +338
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
another beautiful day.  took a drive and went pick up parts. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 12:15:20 PM »
positive news
take a look at this picture i took outside my porch while getting mail
it's freakin blue and clear as hell
i can see the stars at night clearly too

that's not all
in venice and many other places
the fishes are starting to come back

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
you know
even the dolphin are starting to come back

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
Love positive news like this as more and more hoarding scamming FRAUDs discovered that their negative behaviors upon society's less fortunate don't pay ...this is like a drug bust IMO.. O0:

Two Tennessee brothers who stockpiled 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer have avoided prosecution and a fine, but will not recoup the thousands of dollars they spent on the supplies under the terms of a price-gouging settlement that the state attorney general announced this week.

The brothers, Matt Colvin and Noah Colvin, donated the supplies last month to people in Tennessee and Kentucky, which the authorities said Tuesday was acceptable as restitution and was a factor in the settlement terms in the highly publicized case.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 12:39:28 PM »
Also good time to be outdoor as weather will be in the 70s all week through next week with fresh air and clear blue sky.. O0:

Advertisements