Advertisement

Author Topic: People that really need the stimulus check will have to wait because Trump is a  (Read 631 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...cry baby??  ???..I mean this is as bad as running to the mods and admins and crying how unfair life is because one didn't get the last word.. ;D:

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Trump signature scramble could delay first batch

President Trump accused of causing delay ‘to feed his ego’

The president’s printed name will appear on the left side of the paper check, the first time a president’s name will be printed on an IRS disbursement, according to the Post’s reporting. Various parties in D.C. are not happy with the move.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Well I was surprised to even see that stimulus showing up in my bank account as pending

after 3 days, it got cleared. 

Not sure why I was the first to get it.  I got it on the first monday. 

Then by the end of the week, I got an IRS audit letter for 2017.  So now I'm giving that check back and gotta pay more on top of that too.  I'll consider it as a discount but still, something is not right.  It seems like a lot of agency and groups are giving out grace periods.  Even the tax filing date got moved back, why not audit? 

I mean if people are struggling for money and the irs be sending out audits and demanding their money, system broken I tell you.  I got till april 27th to pay so I'm paying alright.  By the end of this week.

Interest padded on there since 2017 till now too.  Cot dam  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
The Orange Monkey is straight up crazy with his "ego" trip...Kind of like those that don't have enough common sense and brain cells to take ownership of their wrongs and learn from it... ;D

No one is perfect but the big difference is those with common sense can take ownership of their mistakes and learn from it..

« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 09:31:54 PM by theking »

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Agree Tajo!  O0

If people like him can't even do their own 12 steps, they're beyond help.. ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
There's already enough issues getting the checks out without the Orange Monkey's "ego" trip  :idiot2::

Coronavirus stimulus checks: Americans vent frustrations about problems receiving the money

The stimulus checks, part of the $2 trillion coronavirus aid package, were designed to provide some financial relief for Americans stinging from job losses and other money, but for many they've become a source of frustration, anger, and confusion.

While the U.S. Treasury said over 80 million Americans have received their stimulus checks through direct deposit last week, many others are still waiting, wondering if they will get a payment at all.

Some Americans are bewildered about eligibility or have been stymied by technical difficulties at the Internal Revenue Service. Others have faced errors or delays in receiving their payments. And, in some cases, dead relatives are getting the government aid, too.

“For those who are relying most on the stimulus funds, any difficulty accessing the deposits will put additional pressure on their finances as well as adding to their overall stress,” said Bruce McClary, the spokesman for the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.

Using the IRS stimulus tracking tool, Cody Hopkins saw that the $1,200 deposit had been made, but — to his horror — the money went into the wrong bank account, he told Yahoo Money. 

“That bank account was closed last summer, and when I filed my 2019 return in January 2020, I updated to my recent banking information,” said the 37-year-old Texas basketball coach who is still employed.

Bank account changes were a foreseeable consideration for the IRS, and the agency said that stimulus checks would be routed to the bank where your most recent tax return was made. For Hopkins, who filed his 2019 taxes in January, that was not the case.

“They did not follow that protocol in my situation, obviously,” Hopkins said. “It is very frustrating that the IRS has not addressed this publicly.”

In the meantime, Hopkins has been forced advocate on his own in the matter.

Advertisements