Advertisement

Author Topic: The impact of the coronavirus on the world  (Read 720 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
The impact of the coronavirus on the world
« on: April 20, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
Two points:

1. Human morale.  In general, human morale has changed a lot since the coronavirus.  All over the globe, people's lives have changed. We've had to change our social and daily habits.  The number of deaths has really made us think about life and our mortality differently.  We realize how fragile life can be.   

2. The economy. I think we are heading toward a depression.  The coronavirus not only impacted human beings' contact and connection with one another and our way of life, it has also impacted our world economies.  A disruption in the economy, even for a short period of time, has lasting and rippling consequences, I think.  We could rebound back to how things were pre-coronavirus but I think it will take some time to get back there.  How fast we get there... I guess depends on a lot of things.  For example, it depends on how savvy the governments are to make policies that will be good for the economies.  Will they do what's right and fair and smart and stop bailing out corporations and super wealthy entities who don't even need the help, and will they stop crippling the 98% (average Joe's and small businesses) that make up the rest of the population?  The 98% are the ones that actually get the economy going.

Concluding thoughts.
It's naive to think that life will go back to the way it was pre-coronavirus, in another 3-6 months.  I don't think life will be the same for another 2-3 years at least.  Better yet, our lives will never be the same after this, I think.  We all, over the age of 5 years old, will remember this time for the rest of our lives.

Also, just because right now the economy is taking a hit doesn't mean that we as a society become stupid and lift the social distancing ban.  Prematurely removing the social distancing ban is going to start the infection cycle all over again.  The smartest thing the world can do right now is to social distance for another 3 months to a year.  Let the friggin coronavirus die out before we open shops and breathe on each other again. 

So many healthy people have gotten the virus and within 1-2 weeks, they have died.  These people didn't even know a month ago that they were going to die just like that.  The virus does not discriminate.  If you're around an infected person, the chances of you getting the virus is very high.  When you catch it, there is a likelihood that you could die.  Why do you want to take that chance?  This mother effer coronavirus is scary af.  It's nothing to play around with.  So, I think the best course for the world right now is to continue to social distance and let this virus die out.  The virus will keep living if we allow it to jump from host to host.

Back to the economy.  Economies around the world are impacted by covid-19.  We could potentially go into a depression (it looks like it to me).  But with regard to the U.S. economy, we have a lot of rich people with a lot of money.  If these rich people decide on their own to do goodwill and to help out or if the U.S. government would be smart and come up with good and sustainable tax and economic policies, the U.S. economy can rebound back.  Things don't always have to go to shit.  Everyone, particulary the government, just has to be smarter.  We erected people into government positions to be leaders for a reason... to make good decisions to save us, not to make dumbass decisions that will wipe us all out.  Do better in November and vote for the survival of mankind, not for the dumbasses that will kill you and I.  (Sorry.  My thoughts shifted into a rant there.  But really, if we had smarter people in government that made better decisions such as having pandemic/disaster recovery plans in place and having good strategies and brains to react smartly and timely to this pandemic, we wouldn't be in this predicament that we are in in the first place.  OK.  End of rant.)  What I'm trying to say is, all around the world, we can rebound back from this dark time.  We all just need to be smarter and vote for people that make better decisions for all of mankind, whenever we are asked to vote.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
Re: The impact of the coronavirus on the world
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 06:56:49 PM »
Let me clarify.  I think we may be heading for a depression because this virus has impacted the whole world.  It has changed how most everyone thinks and feels about things.  Because we were forced to quarantine, some people have lost their jobs--this no doubt has created fear and panic and forced these people who have lost their jobs to think about how they will pay for their houses/food, etc.  Also, during the quarantine, people are not able to go out and shop and spend money. All of this is changing how people feel about what matters to them and shifting their priorities around.  After we come out of this virus, people may change their saving and spending habits, especially the ones that lost their jobs during this pandemic.  So, I feel that people will be more cautious and reluctant to spending money (because they know to save for the next disaster).  This change in people could slow the economy for years to come.  Not only that, businesses have been impacted--they have had to halt operations; a few may have decided to close down for good.  It will take time for things to pick back up and for us to get back to how things used to be.  These are purely my projections and feelings.  May not be true.  I hope I'm wrong.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
1.  gotta take care of the earth, or it going take care of us. keep cutting down tree and destorying caves and mine, you going start getting them bat virus

2.  economy???  if you got laid off, just apply for unemployment and collect your welfare till this thing is over

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 06:59:38 PM »
Let me clarify.  I think we may be heading for a depression because this virus has impacted the whole world.  It has changed how most everyone thinks and feels about things.  Because we were forced to quarantine, some people have lost their jobs--this no doubt has created fear and panic and forced these people who have lost their jobs to think about how they will pay for their houses/food, etc.  Also, during the quarantine, people are not able to go out and shop and spend money. All of this is changing how people feel about what matters to them and shifting their priorities around.  After we come out of this virus, people may change their saving and spending habits, especially the ones that lost their jobs during this pandemic.  So, I feel that people will be more cautious and reluctant to spending money (because they know to save for the next disaster).  This change in people could slow the economy for years to come.  Not only that, businesses have been impacted--they have had to halt operations; a few may have decided to close down for good.  It will take time for things to pick back up and for us to get back to how things used to be.  These are purely my projections and feelings.  May not be true.  I hope I'm wrong.

if you got laid off/furlough like me
just put in your application for unemployment and collect that
i'm getting $400 every week

why people say they got no money????

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »
1.  gotta take care of the earth, or it going take care of us. keep cutting down tree and destorying caves and mine, you going start getting them bat virus

2.  economy???  if you got laid off, just apply for unemployment and collect your welfare till this thing is over

Everything is connected.  The unemployment money that goes out leaves as hole that needs to be filled back up.  After this whole thing is over, we need people to get back their jobs so they can continue to pay into the unemployment pot.  But will people get back their jobs?  Will workplaces be ready to hire everyone back?  Because businesses also suffered during this period (they have had to stop operations; revenue goals were not met because consumer demand for goods slowed during this pandemic period, etc).  We also need people to spend money after the virus is over to stimulate and keep the economy going, but as I stated, people's spending habits may change due to their priorities changing from having gone through this life-changing pandemic time.  So, yes, I feel that there is chance we could see a depression.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 07:21:21 PM »
Everything is connected.  The unemployment money that goes out leaves as hole that needs to be filled back up.  After this whole thing is over, we need people to get back their jobs so they can continue to pay into the unemployment pot.  But will people get back their jobs?  Will workplaces be ready to hire everyone back?  Because businesses also suffered during this period (they have had to stop operations; revenue goals were not met because consumer demand for goods slowed during this pandemic period, etc).  We also need people to spend money after the virus is over to stimulate and keep the economy going, but as I stated, people's spending habits may change due to their priorities changing from having gone through this life-changing pandemic time.  So, yes, I feel that there is chance we could see a depression.

i haven't notice anything
sure my stock lost alot of money ON PAPER

but like saving account wise
im actually saving more money than ever before

LET ME ASK YOU THIS QUESTION

DO YOU PERSONALLY OWN APPLE STOCK??
IF NOT IT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU

Advertisements