Advertisement

Author Topic: As parents, this is our 1, 2 biggest fears  (Read 712 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
As parents, this is our 1, 2 biggest fears
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »
1. our daughter getting kidnapped and we won't see or hear from her again...

2. We died and there's no one to take care of her at her young age...

"Mom’s sudden death left children fending for themselves for five days, Texas cops say"

https://www.ampgoo.com/mom-s-sudden-death-left-children-fending-for-themselves-for-five-days-texas-cops-say

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: As parents, this is our 1, 2 biggest fears
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 08:56:48 AM »
This is a good example of people who shouldn't have kids after a certain age.  Things like this can happened and will have a greater chance of happening.

I've seen this in our Hmong cultures too.  OLD hmong men go oversea to marry a young bride.  A few young kids later, he passed away leaving his young wife and kids to fend for themselves with no support from his adult children or family.

At the end, kids suffer.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 12:29:08 PM »
Are you sure? I thought the young wife always has a second younger man ready to support her immediately.

This is a good example of people who shouldn't have kids after a certain age.  Things like this can happened and will have a greater chance of happening.

I've seen this in our Hmong cultures too.  OLD hmong men go oversea to marry a young bride.  A few young kids later, he passed away leaving his young wife and kids to fend for themselves with no support from his adult children or family.

At the end, kids suffer.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 02:29:51 PM »
Yes but at the end of the day kids still suffer.  Can you imagine going through life losing your birth father at such a young age? missing every important milestone of your life and more.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 04:19:10 PM »
I understand.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 05:29:04 PM »

Don't think age matters much as even young or younger parents can died all the sudden too i.e., car accidents, health issues, murder-suicide, etc.

I think what matters more is have a plan and strategy in placed so in case both parents passed at the same time suddenly for what ever reason, the newborn to toddler age kids that don't have the cognitive reasoning to get help can still get help.

Online theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 05:36:54 PM »
Are you sure? I thought the young wife always has a second younger man ready to support her immediately.

If only one parent passed, the other can still get help for the newborn to toddler age kids. Because our daughter is still very young and doesn't know how to get help yet, our second biggest fear is if something happened to both of us at the same time, how can she get help.

We already have a back up plan in placed since her birth but it's still a scary though...

Advertisements