Advertisement

Author Topic: 5th times the charm for Johnny Football? Will startup FCF be a good fit?  (Read 362 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

Johnny manziel gets 5th chance at football career

Johnny Manziel returns to football for fan-run startup league kicking off in February

When Johnny Manziel was asked in June to characterize his football career, he admitted he thought it was “in the past.” He also added, “probably.”

The former Heisman Trophy winner and first-round NFL draft pick isn’t done yet. He’s agreed to suit up in a startup league, “Fan Controlled Football,” that is scheduled to kick off in February, per ESPN.

Manziel returns for fan-run football league
The league is a 7-on-7 playing format that’s run by fans. They helped design the rules, set the rosters and call the plays. It’s a mix of a traditional football league and esports.

“The more I heard about what this was going to be, the more I felt it was going to be something that was just very fun,” Manziel said, via ESPN. “It's going to be very fan-oriented and something I could get behind without being extremely, extremely, extremely serious, the way that my football career has been in the past.”

There are four teams with celebrity owners including San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman, rapper Quavo, New York Mets pitcher Trevor May, former Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch and Los Angeles Chargers running back Austin Ekeler.

It’s a six-week schedule based in Atlanta and games are livestreamed on Twitch. It’s a smaller field at 50-by-25 yards with 10-yard end zones. Games are expected to be about an hour long.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Re: 5th times the charm for Johnny Football? Will startup FCF be a good fit?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 10:01:03 PM »
I don’t know about this one.

Like this post: 0
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements