Advertisement

Author Topic: Can't even agree on that? I say don't tie the knot  (Read 245 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Can't even agree on that? I say don't tie the knot
« on: January 17, 2021, 11:02:11 PM »
My spendthrift fiancée, 30, refused to sign a prenup. Would it be wrong to secretly put my assets in a trust?

‘I love her dearly, but I am really concerned’

I’m a 28-year-old male marrying a 30-year-old woman. I have racked up about $100,000 in student-loan debt by earning two graduate degrees. Luckily, I obtained a finance job with unlimited earning potential, just heavy work hours, so I am not too worried about repaying my loans if the Biden administration doesn’t assist.

However, my fiancée does not have any student loans and doesn’t have as high an earning ceiling as I do, but she has a heavy spending problem, whereas I am a saver by nature. We are getting married next year, and will be purchasing a home next year as well. Both expenses will be covered by us with limited assistance from our parents.

Due to my fianceé’s inability to save and her excessive spending, I know the financial burden will fall on my shoulders. We’ve discussed her habits, but she isn’t able to change so I’ve recommended keeping our finances separate until I can see more financial responsibility from her. I’ve also mentioned prenuptial agreements to safeguard my assets in case things go south.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements