Advertisement

Author Topic: Priorities of the U.S. Government  (Read 2175 times)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Priorities of the U.S. Government
« on: April 19, 2021, 04:42:14 PM »
What do you think the immediate priorities should be for the U.S. to tackle right now?  I think we keep going round and round in circles with some recurring issues (mass shootings, police violence, etc) because people cannot agree to reach an agreement on how to handle those issues.  I wish the current administration could just say "This how we doing it--no ifs or buts!" but of course that would make the current administration a dictator.  But if you had to choose, how would you prioritize the issues that need to be dealt with in the U.S. today?

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:28:22 PM by lilly »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities of the U.S. Government
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:56:16 PM »
Ms. Kamala Harris will tell you what they are. Ask her.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 05:04:33 PM »
If I were president right now, these would be my priorities and the order in which I would tackle things:
1. Get covid under control
2. More mental health services and outreach
3. Gun law reform
4. Stern police reform--to stop the killing of certain groups of people
5. Fine-tune/fail proof the jobs plan before roll-out
6. Climate change

Hard to get everyone to agree on what should be priority, much less how to carry out a priority.  Progress is always slow.  Everyone has an opinion and consensus is hard to reach.  Disheartening at times. 

But let's just say, if you could decide and had a say, how would you prioritize the issues facing the U.S. today?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »
So, you want to "keep going round and round in circles with some recurring issues," too--just like what Biden is doing and what the country is telling Biden to do.

If I were president right now, these would be my priorities and the order in which I would tackle things:
3. Gun law reform
6. Climate change

Hard to get everyone to agree on what should be priority, much less how to carry out a priority.  Progress is always slow.  Everyone has an opinion and consensus is hard to reach.  Disheartening at times. 

But let's just say, if you could decide and had a say, how would you prioritize the issues facing the U.S. today?

"...

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 05:26:23 PM »
At times I feel super hopeless: half of us can't see the bigger picture; everyone has an ego.  So, change and progress are slow--not at the pace that I think we should be making as a country, as mankind.

But then, I remember that everything was, is, and will be how it's supposed to be in the end.

Also, I make myself feel better  ;D  by remembering that we are an intelligent species.  Look at how innovative some of our members are.  Look at the technological advancements we've made in the last 20 years!  The internet is a normal part of life now.  Instant information is at our fingertips!

All in all, in the end, I am hopeful.  Human beings have evolved so much.  Some are continually learning and developing.  Others will never grow more than they are now.  And then there are those amazing few.  I'm still hopeful.  Yay! 

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 05:27:02 PM »
So, you want to "keep going round and round in circles with some recurring issues," too--just like what Biden is doing and what the country is telling Biden to do.

What?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »
I'm not sure what more to tell you, Lilly. You said we shouldn't be doing those issues that recur over and over. But yet you are bringing those same issues up only.

"...

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 05:56:38 PM »
Hmmm.  I'm not sure if I wasn't clear in what I said or if you misunderstood me.   

I said, "I think we keep going round and round in circles with some recurring issues (mass shootings, police violence, etc) because people cannot agree to reach an agreement on how to handle those issues."

Then I said,
"If I were president right now, these would be my priorities and the order in which I would tackle things:
3. Gun law reform
6. Climate change"

Meaning, in order to stop the recurring of the 6 issues stated above, I would prioritize tackling them in the order in which I stated...  with covid being the highest priority to tackle (to fix)...

Are we on the same page now?  Lol

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 06:00:50 PM »
The priority is to get people to be self accountable. I guarantee that this place will be A LOT better when that happens. I'm not a religious person, but this proverb always stuck with me "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Support the organizations and businesses for your other priorities. I guarantee that businesses will do better and not move if their are rules that support and create incentives for them. Why do you think many big businesses moved away from California and New York or why they moved or are moving some operations to other countries? Too much government involvement and not enough incentives to stay around.

Solutions to your priorities...
1. Listen to health officials to minimize the spread of the virus. (self accountability)
2. Acknowledge mental health issues and seek help. (self accountability)
3. Follow current gun laws. (self accountability)
4. Don't break the law and avoid putting yourself in a situation that will make bad cops do stupid things. The majority of the recent situations could have been avoided. Cops are not out there "killing" a certain group of people. (self accountability)
5. Leave the jobs to the employers and support them as the government so they can grow their business and provide more opportunities. Things generally gets worst when the government gets more involved.
6. Incentivize companies for improving climate change and it changes will happen over time.

In summary... stop playing the victim and support your businesses.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 06:13:44 PM »
The priority is to get people to be self accountable. I guarantee that this place will be A LOT better when that happens. I'm not a religious person, but this proverb always stuck with me "Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it." Support the organizations and businesses for your other priorities. I guarantee that businesses will do better and not move if their are rules that support and create incentives for them. Why do you think many big businesses moved away from California and New York or why they moved or are moving some operations to other countries? Too much government involvement and not enough incentives to stay around.

1. Listen to health officials to minimize the spread of the virus. (self accountability)
4. Don't break the law and avoid putting yourself in a situation that will make bad cops do stupid things. The majority of the recent situations could have been avoided. Cops are not out there "killing" a certain group of people. (self accountability)
5. Leave the jobs to the employers and support them as the government so they can grow their business and provide more opportunities. Things generally gets worst when the government gets more involved.
6. Incentivize companies for improving climate change and it changes will happen over time.

Lmao

Thats some funny ass GOP mindset
These same people are the first one in line for government bailout
During covid  time

Dude if you ask me to self accountability
I will just give myself $1 billion

God did not created man...man created god

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 06:16:30 PM »
Number issue for me
Has been for many years is

1. income inequality

You can knock out alot of bird with this stone
GEORGE FYLOD DIE CAUSE OF A $20 BILL
think about that for a moment $20

Shoot, I spent that on booze

Can’t solve climate change if those electric car cost $50k!!!
Average poor man joe can’t afford a $50k electric car

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:18:56 PM by hmgROCK »

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 06:24:49 PM »

Thanks for your input, walley.

Btw, you bring up an important point.  I'm at a loss as to how to solve the corporate greed problem.  We need to incentivize companies to stay in the U.S. so that people here have jobs, thereby, supporting a strong U.S. economy.  On the other hand, we give these greedy ass businesses all these tax cuts, and we let them get away with not paying their fair share of taxes, where, if they were paying their fair share of taxes, the taxes they pay would provide a boost to the middle class, thereby making the economy churn even better.  But, if we make them pay taxes, we risk them moving their companies to other countries as retaliation.  It is a conundrum.  If I had it my way, I would heavy hand it.  Make it illegal (make it into law that it will be illegal) for them to move their business to another country if their business originated in the U.S.  If they want to move to another country, they first have to pay up all their taxes that are due.  I don't know.  Corporations have taken advantage by not paying taxes... it's only fair they pay taxes like everyone else.  It's just the right thing to do!  But greedy business owners will never care about doing the right thing.  It's why we elect people to make laws... they need to come up with solutions... not us.  Our tax dollars are paying them to solve problems.  But the people in government/leadership positions seem dumb af too with no real solutions on how to solve the corporate greed problem.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 06:30:48 PM »

Btw, you bring up an important point.  I'm at a loss as to how to solve the corporate greed problem.  We need to incentivize companies to stay in the U.S. so that people here have jobs, thereby, supporting a strong U.S. economy.  On the other hand, we give these greedy ass businesses all these tax cuts, and we let them get away with not paying their fair share of taxes, where, if they were paying their fair share of taxes, the taxes they pay would provide a boost to the middle class, thereby making the economy churn even better.  But, if we make them pay taxes, we risk them moving their companies to other countries as retaliation.  It is a conundrum.  If I had it my way, I would heavy hand it.  Make it illegal (make it into law that it will be illegal) for them to move their business to another country if their business originated in the U.S.  If they want to move to another country, they first have to pay up all their taxes that are due.  I don't know.  Corporations have taken advantage by not paying taxes... it's only fair they pay taxes like everyone else.  It's just the right thing to do!  But greedy business owners will never care about doing the right thing.  It's why we elect people to make laws... they need to come up with solutions... not us.  Our tax dollars are paying them to solve problems.  But the people in government/leadership positions seem dumb af too with no real solutions on how to solve the corporate greed problem.

Thats why....self accountability don’t work
Shoot... I would pay my worker $0

And i will be first in line gor GOVERNMENT COVID FREE BAILOUT MONEY!!!

Lol

Walley is too funny
This dude don’t even have $750
Had to borrow it

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 06:49:35 PM »

You need to think about it from a different perspective. They are playing by the rules that are given to us all by the IRS. Nobody wants to pay more taxes than they need to and that includes businesses. The problem is a government spending problem. They spend more than what they can generate and the way they generate is through taxes. The below video is a good video that explains it. The current Secretary of Treasury is trying to get other countries to agree to a global tax so that companies might avoid conducting business in other countries. This will probably fail because many countries will not benefit from this other than maybe a handful or the US. Why would any country agree to it if the companies are benefiting them? I think the issue with the government/leadership is that all they want is power and to retain their jobs, which is why you see them fight all the time even though it doesn't make sense. For example, the recent stimulus could have passed probably around summer last year, but both parties kept wanting to add things to it in order to get their votes. Instead of just sending a single bill out with the stimulus they want to take advantage of it and add things to benefit their objectives.

https://youtu.be/nZ7XesI8LzM

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »
Things will not get better until 2024 cuz I'm voting for the rock, Dwayne johnson.   "Can you smell what the rock is cooking?  "

Lets work with some logic here.  We do not live in a perfect world cuz a perfect world would be boring.  The stuff and issues that you brought up, it is not something new.  It happens like chit happens.  From time to time, new issue arises like gun control and mass shooting and going postal.  Is there a solution to it?  Yes but you don't want to know what that solution is.  The united state government has her own ways of dealing with things.  You can be concern about it or not be in concern about it and it gets fixed somehow.  It is like the theory of going on strike.  You get a bunch of people striking but after lets say 30 days and your bills are stacking up cuz you don't get payed for holding that picket sign, you break your ground and crosses and go back inside and work.  You co workers will call you weak chit and you shout back that you got bills to pay.  The guy still working inside since day one cuz he don't give a lick of no fawk is laughing his azz off to what is going on.  Then like always, the union settles it and all, including the guy who crosses that line, the strikers and the guy who does nothing will harbor from the labor agreement.

So you see, as far as I remembered from the Ronald Reagan days of the 80's, lots of issues were already there.  Here we are today and those issues are either solved or getting replaced with a newer ones.  It is like a guy who lives with no tv or any news outlet.  The world has issues but he surely doesn't see it or know anything about it and he lives his life just as dandy.  When he wakes up in a few years, problems solved but he still doesn't even know when or how or what is being solved. 

So you see, your rights are still not taken away from you.  The white man issues?  Let the white man somehow solves it.  Just sit back and relax and watch the show.  Worst comes to worst, I'm going back to vietnam to become an struggling viet actor.    :2funny:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:21:30 PM by DuMa »

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements