Advertisement

Author Topic: This is a good deal for quality  (Read 166 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
This is a good deal for quality
« on: July 06, 2021, 10:23:41 PM »
..oil that will run 10k miles before needing to be changed:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This is a good deal for quality
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 10:25:08 PM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »
When I went to pick up a $5 oil filter from the dealership, they were charging these folks $60 bucks for a comparable oil change so see if the oil changing boy did it right for the customers' cars below  ???:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 10:10:43 PM »
In my experience, Mobil is pretty much on par with the more expensive boutique brands like Amsoil and this purple oil:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 11:40:50 PM »
It's stories like this that makes me feel soothing and peaceful because I do it myself and know for 100 percent is done right all the way to the torque specs  ;D:

"That's [censored], I know they don't change the oil filter unless you ask them to. I work in an independent lube shop and a customer of ours got her oil changed and went on a cross country trip, had the oil changed somewhere along the way at a Walmart. Brought the car back in to us when she got home, Walmart service sticker stuck to the window. Went downstairs to get to work on it and it still had our same filter that I installed with my initials and date on it. That's not the only car I've seen that happen with either. You know when you get a Walmart car, either by the cheap Fram Core filters or the blue goop they gob around the drain plug and over-tighten the [censored] out of it. OP, I'd keep going to the dealership for OC's if you can't do it yourself. I'd stay far away from big chains like Walmart and Jiffy Lube. All you need to land a job in those places is a pulse, most guys that work there know absolutely nothing about cars and are just there for a paycheck. I wouldn't let either place change the oil on my lawnmower! At least at a dealership you know that somebody who's certified is working on your car. And if something goes wrong with the car on their behalf, they typically won't try to run you around the block and get out of it like Walmart or Iffy Lube would."

"Walmart Tire and Lube Tech fills wrong hole with oil."

Advertisements