Advertisement

Author Topic: Wise words from parents and others that you've kept and passed on to your kids  (Read 598 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
We were pretty poor back in the days but my mom set us straight with her words. She said, it doesn't matter how poor we are, we should still stick to our principles, morals and values. One of them was never steal from others regardless of how tempted you are. Another was if you did something wrong, never lie, always be upfront about it because that's not as bad as trying to lie and then get caught.

My daughter is still young but I'm already passing on these wise words to her in hopes that she'll value it like I have been and pass it on to the next generation.

Do you have any words that was passed on to you and now you're passing it to your children or others?  ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
If you're in a pinch and have to borrow money, always return what you borrowed in a timely manner. NEVER LET THE PERSON THAT WAS KIND ENOUGH TO LEND YOU THE MONEY APPROACH YOU ABOUT IT!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Treat others as human being first as their character determines who they are regardless of what they look like.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
You can't changed the pass, and can't predict the future but you CAN be the best you during the present moment...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Don't shoplift.  It makes no sense to steal something for 99 cents and go to jail for 99 years.  Also, how would you feel if someone else steal stuff from you? 

You learn stuff from along the way.  It comes with growing up.  It then becomes your core value.  At some point, what you do will reflect your parents.  I don't want to disappoint them so I do things to honor them cuz when people see you doing the good stuff, they get the credit for raising you well. 

If you see me doing bad stuff, blame it on TV  :2funny:

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
All useful quotes. This one is from my pop, “you can do good your whole life but one bad mistake can unravel your whole image” unless you’re Trump or rocky, then you’ll just keep feeding the delusions.

Predictions of the future, most certain things can not be predicted but surely some certain things can be predicted. I can’t predict the lotto numbers but I can predict that rocky will continue to be a fraud in ph.  ;D ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
One thing I realized now that I'm at the age of my parents.  You raise your child in a loving family and when they grow up, they will respect you and will raise you when you are older.

When my dad wasn't around because he was in the service, my aunt raises me.  Her husband is the only guy in the family that attempted to kick me out of the house for being naughty and revolt.  Mind you, I was a teenager and we kids are different because we are from the new school and he's from the old, commie school.  If it wasn't for his wife, I would of left and my life would of been different.  I forgive but I do not forget.  After his wife died, I was old enough to fend for myself.  His azz is now at a senior housing complex by the government and you know how hard it is for a person to live by themselves in their senior years.  With me around, I could offer some help cuz the guy doesn't drive.  It is the fact that I got verbal abused by this guy that I resented him and so we all walked our own ways. 

Once in a while, the thought would creep back into my mind and I get really mad.  He never apologize and I don't even think he knows how bad it is to use the "get out of my house" verbal abuse can do to a growing mind.  He's an effing  piece of chit anyway.  Found out while my aunt was ill, he goes back to vietnam and had an affair.  Not even 1 year after my aunt's passing, he went back to vietnam and married that old azz woman.  I intercepted their love letters and I still have one that has her picture and a copy of their marriage certificates.  Non of my family member knows about it and that letter is riding in my glove compartment ever since.  He should go back to vietnam where he can have someone to bury his azz cuz I don't know what would happen if he would of die here in the USA.  One thing for sure, I have a half million dollars life insurance on him that no one knows about and I can't wait to cash it out.  If he goes back to vn and die over there, I can still cash out.  Only thing though.  If he goes back to vn, how to keep in touch or know that he dies?  Ai ya, the drama continues.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
I don't think wise words gonna help shape up the children. Sooner or later they'll forget and do something they regret.
The bad things that the kids will do stem from the parents when they were kids. It has to do with the DNA genetic.

;D ;D ;D ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Good input guys..

Yeah, shoplifting is a big no no from my mom too. She said, doesn't matter how poor we are, we should stick to our principles, values and morals... O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
All useful quotes. This one is from my pop, “you can do good your whole life but one bad mistake can unravel your whole image” unless you’re Trump or rocky, then you’ll just keep feeding the delusions.

Predictions of the future, most certain things can not be predicted but surely some certain things can be predicted. I can’t predict the lotto numbers but I can predict that rocky will continue to be a fraud in ph.  ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D

Advertisements