Advertisement

Author Topic: It's gotten so bad that even my mother-in-law sent me this just because it's  (Read 247 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
LA freight train looting 'out of control' as thieves worsen supply chain bottlenecks

The scene in Southern California resembles a disaster movie — only it's not.

Thousands of boxes littering Union Pacific (UNP) train tracks in downtown Los Angeles attest to a wave of rail thefts that have taken place in recent months — worsening supply chain bottlenecks and creating endless delays for consumers and merchants that likely cost millions, if not more.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
And some idiot said, theft is no big deal as companies can just "write it off".. :idiot2:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
California Gov. Gavin Newsom tours theft-plagued L.A. train yard, asks 'What the hell is going on?'

California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) visited a stretch of Union Pacific railroad tracks in Los Angeles on Thursday and helped clean up the littered packaging from thousands of goods stolen from shipping containers. Video of the debris-strewn tracks gained national attention last week, prompting outrage and confusion over how such rampant pillaging could happen in the heart of one of America's largest cities.

"The images looked like a Third World country," Newsom told reporters. "What you saw here in the last week is just not acceptable. So, I took off the suit and tie and said I'm coming because I couldn't take it. I can't turn on the news anymore. What the hell is going on?"

Advertisements