Advertisement

Author Topic: Stopped by these Black towns, its' events impacted Asians in a positive way too  (Read 403 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Montgomery, Bama:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:33:09 PM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Selma, Bama:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Visitor center for Selma's historical landmark event:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Oh yeah, like many tourist spots, there tends to be FRUADs and scammers trying to rip-off visitors like this guy in the photo I took below. He was selling some pamphlets about the Selma event for $30 bucks a pop. I told him I already got that kind of information for free at the visitor's center... ;D:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Also visited those Black town's hoods too and nothing new to me as I used to live in the projects when I was a kid:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
We frequently would drive from atlanta to narleans for vacation but I was too young at the time to even enjoy these cities in between.  I only know of a biloxi and them bama cities along the route 10 highway.  As a child, my interest was in bridges.  I would look down to see if it is fish-able or not. 

Other than that, my mind wasn't develop yet.  Adult issues like politics, the economy, women, good food were all not there. 

Them pictures of them red brick project houses brings back memories for me.  The only difference is the projects that I was living in were mostly vietnamese refugee so it wasn't so bad.  I think my friend's family only payed something like $25 housing subsidize.  We payed in the mid $100s.  If you want to rent a whole 3 bedroom house of your own, around $350 a month rent.  These were prices in the mid 80s. 

We lived in bunches for protection like the chinese and china town.  We wouldn't last if we were living in them bama kaydoo projects.  There were kaydoos also living with us as they tries to invade our space but it is like a reverse negative where we are the majority and we would harass the minority kaydoos.  No hmong, 1 lao family and no cambodian.  These other southeast asian folks were introduced to me when I moved to california in 1989. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Good story share right there.. O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
White folk trying to teach the next generation not to repeat the mistake filled history of their elders:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"Whites only", "colored bus", and other segregation and/or inequality issues were resolved through these historical civil rights events. It benefited all minorities or person of color...

Advertisements