Advertisement

Author Topic: C'mon folks, been 35 yrs so it's way over due! Got some stickers for my daughter  (Read 249 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
...at a Dollar Tree store and heard a couple of folks murmuring about the price increase and I just shook my head as it's been 35 years at 1 dollar. With the price increased recently, most of the items are $1.25 now but considered inflation in the last 35 years, that's really nothing so no need to complain:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Reminds me of the time Jack in the Box raises their "two tacos for 99 cent" price...and some were griping about it.. :idiot2: ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
If they need to complain anything, it gotta be their own habits.  People liking square numbers.  Dollar bills vs dollar items.  Now, if I buy 2 items, I need to give 3 bills and get some weird looking change back. 

And that is why people are uncomfortable with this idea.  Now it makes me wonder if people would still complain had our currency, with inflation will make a $1.25 bill? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Sure some folks may have their quirks about the whole dollar thing vs. a dollar and change but most items at the Dollar Tree store still needs sales tax added to it so those folks will still get coin changes back regardless...

Be nice if every retailers and producing businesses can round all of their merchandises to whole dollars with tax included though.. O0

Advertisements