Advertisement

Author Topic: Yeah, we were paying about $1200/mo. for ours so I can see why many women  (Read 203 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...quit  ???...And the rate we were paying is closer to $2000/month now...due to the reasons below:

Bay Area parents of young children still struggle to find childcare amid pandemic, inflation

SAN FRANCISCO – Amid the pandemic and inflation, many Bay Area families with young children are still struggling to find childcare. The lack of available spots, along with the cost, has prompted many working women to quit their jobs.

Meet Lily Marquez and her kids - 5-year-old Mia and 6-year-old Jeremiah. These San Franciscans are among the many faces in the Bay Area of child care troubles.

For Marquez and a lot of other folks, it's the one-two punch of high cost and no access.

Lily was a financial aid counselor at a local university -- emphasis on was.

"I had to quit my job when Mia was born. I had to sell my home and move in with in-laws because I had to pick. I couldn't afford working and then paying for childcare. The expense of childcare was probably $4,500 a month," she told KPIX 5.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements