Advertisement

Author Topic: I just purchased the new Toyota Tundra!  (Read 1710 times)

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
Re: I just purchased the new Toyota Tundra!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 04:14:10 PM »
Personally, I'm ok with the limited or platinum trim. I just want the TRD package, panoramic sunroof, and the complete digital display that shows the national parks when turning on. I don't really care for the 14 inch info-tainment but it's nice to have! I might get the TRD Pro too, who knows!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 05:37:31 PM »
Salesman convinced me because the original purchaser backed out last minute. "Might not see one again. Ever!" he said. And since I have 1k sitting around each month burning a hole in my pocket I decided to get it even though it's a non-TRD.  :'( It's ok though because I want the hybrid so the color isn't a big deal to me.

Think about it bra.  Unless you get big time discount because that is the only one left then sure but what is that you are paying?  You are not buying a candy bar here.   You paying big money and to rob you of your rights to get the color of your wants when you are paying big bucks for a vehicle?  You got scam by sale's guy.  I know because I used to sell cars for a living when I was in college.  It is a part of the trick of car sales that we all had to learn.  Tell you everything you need to know and robbing your rights to complain about it is the golden ticket.  We steer the conversation not you.   Buyer remorse happens at home.  The moment you drive off that lot and come back, sure I'll give you your color but your vehicle just depreciated in value.  I'll have to write you up as a used trade in value.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
Think about it bra.  Unless you get big time discount because that is the only one left then sure but what is that you are paying?  You are not buying a candy bar here.   You paying big money and to rob you of your rights to get the color of your wants when you are paying big bucks for a vehicle?  You got scam by sale's guy.  I know because I used to sell cars for a living when I was in college.  It is a part of the trick of car sales that we all had to learn.  Tell you everything you need to know and robbing your rights to complain about it is the golden ticket.  We steer the conversation not you.   Buyer remorse happens at home.  The moment you drive off that lot and come back, sure I'll give you your color but your vehicle just depreciated in value.  I'll have to write you up as a used trade in value.   O0

I paid over MSRP but I don't feel like I got scammed. In fact when I sell it, I'm going to get more than what I paid for it. Man, the smell of a brand new vehicle smells sOoo good!

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2022, 06:18:16 PM »
I paid over MSRP but I don't feel like I got scammed. In fact when I sell it, I'm going to get more than what I paid for it. Man, the smell of a brand new vehicle smells sOoo good!

When I buy new, I only deal with them internet managers and we just email back and forth.  I take one guy's quote and give it to another dealership.  Whoever can bet that price will earn my business.  These days, we have the internet so we can look up the msrp and the invoice pricing and what others are paying for it.  Plus you got the email with pricing as proof so you bring that with you to the dealership.  You now have leverage.  Once there, you act like you are a new customer and you talk to a sales guy.  Lets say the email says $50k.  You BS with the sale's guy to try to get it lower than $50k.  If he can do it, you got a better deal.  If he can not do it, just bust out that email and say you are here to talk to the internet manager.  Once the sale's guy sees your email, he's done trying to con you.  He will turn you over to the internet manager and he will collect half of the commission check.  The top sales person on the floor is the internet manager so you better deal with them to get the best price.  They are more interest in quantity over quality.  He gets all of his clients through lease and from the internet inquires so you will never see him on the sale's floor.  He doesn't need to.  He's a manager in title so he can get that pricing for you.  The sale's guy has to beg them fleet managers to give you them prices.  So why should you deal with a sale's guy for?  The internet manager is how it is done.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline one-tai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2022, 06:25:32 PM »
When I buy new, I only deal with them internet managers and we just email back and forth.  I take one guy's quote and give it to another dealership.  Whoever can bet that price will earn my business.  These days, we have the internet so we can look up the msrp and the invoice pricing and what others are paying for it.  Plus you got the email with pricing as proof so you bring that with you to the dealership.  You now have leverage.  Once there, you act like you are a new customer and you talk to a sales guy.  Lets say the email says $50k.  You BS with the sale's guy to try to get it lower than $50k.  If he can do it, you got a better deal.  If he can not do it, just bust out that email and say you are here to talk to the internet manager.  Once the sale's guy sees your email, he's done trying to con you.  He will turn you over to the internet manager and he will collect half of the commission check.  The top sales person on the floor is the internet manager so you better deal with them to get the best price.  They are more interest in quantity over quality.  He gets all of his clients through lease and from the internet inquires so you will never see him on the sale's floor.  He doesn't need to.  He's a manager in title so he can get that pricing for you.  The sale's guy has to beg them fleet managers to give you them prices.  So why should you deal with a sale's guy for?  The internet manager is how it is done.   O0

That's too much work. With the supply chain issue we are facing, I don't care to negotiate. As long as I can afford it, I don't care. What I wear, eat, drink, drive and live in, as long as I loke it and can afford it, I don't care about the cost.

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2022, 07:24:59 PM »

That’s a good technique, used it a few times plus bring your own pre-approved loan or checkbook. I like to let them look at my credit when it’s time to be serious. They’re usually loud and obnoxious and will judge you based on your credit worthiness. After viewing my impressive credit, they’ll quiet down and literally beg for my business. Might just be a a sale technique to beg since I saw it twice now lol. I also love the drama portrayed by the finance managers when I say no to everything. Never seen a grown person pouted so much at the end. Haven’t bought anything since the shortage but I imagined they bigger jerks than before. Will find out soon enough.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2022, 10:18:45 PM »
That’s a good technique, used it a few times plus bring your own pre-approved loan or checkbook. I like to let them look at my credit when it’s time to be serious. They’re usually loud and obnoxious and will judge you based on your credit worthiness. After viewing my impressive credit, they’ll quiet down and literally beg for my business. Might just be a a sale technique to beg since I saw it twice now lol. I also love the drama portrayed by the finance managers when I say no to everything. Never seen a grown person pouted so much at the end. Haven’t bought anything since the shortage but I imagined they bigger jerks than before. Will find out soon enough.

I told you
You ain’t the only dr tom multi millionaire in PH

Everyone is a millionaire in here
With master degree

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements