Advertisement

Author Topic: Passed by this big azz cattle ranch on I-5 many times and should make many Hmong  (Read 484 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...smile when they think of large gathering like wedding, funeral, etc., especially those that live nearby in the Fresno area..  ???:

Harris Ranch, or the Harris Cattle Ranch, feedlot is California's largest beef producer, producing 150 million pounds (68 kt) of beef per year

Satellites detect California cow burps, a major methane source, from space

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:53:43 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's a Google map view of that feedlot, it appears to be over a mile long in each direction  ???:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:47:34 AM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Their restaurant has been my pit stop between NorCal and SoCal for many years and I enjoy their steaks  O0:

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Who eats fries with steak SMH

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Me, and LOVE IT!!! O0

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
And no, I'm not alone when it comes to enjoying a nice steak frites as some people from all over the world is enjoy it too..  ;D O0:

Steak frites,[a] meaning "steak [and] fries" in French, is a dish consisting of steak paired with French fries. It is commonly served in European brasseries, and is considered by some to be the national dish of Belgium, which claims to be the place of its invention.[1]

Historically, the rump steak was commonly used for this dish. More typically at the present time, the steak is an entrecôte also called rib eye, or scotch fillet (in Australia), pan-fried rare ("saignant"—literally "bloody"), in a pan reduction sauce, sometimes with hollandaise or béarnaise sauce, served with deep-fried potatoes (French fries).[2][3]

Francophilia led to its generalization to the Portuguese-speaking world, where it is called bife e [batatas] fritas or bife com batata frita, especially in Brazil, where the sauce is usually just onion rings cooked and fried in the steak's own juice and frying oil, being the most popular dish to go aside rice and beans. Steak frites is also common in other countries, such as Britain and Spanish-speaking America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_frites

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:24:47 PM by theking »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Some just combine all and make a sandwich out of it.. ;D:

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
That’s definitely new to me.

I’m not going to waste my good steak with fries lol

American steaks are best with asparagus, mashed potatoes, potatoes, and rice pilaf.

Asian steak will be strait up with spicy dipping sauce with sticky rice only for me.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
That's the thing about taste buds and how subjective it can be, there's no rule where it says you can't eat what you like with steaks doesn't matter what that is. Some folks may think it's weird eating it with rice and chili pepper sauce but many of us S.E. Asian folks do it and enjoy it.  O0

My only rule to that is "don't knock it til you try it"..you may still not like it after trying it but if you don't try it first, your opinion doesn't matter.. ;D

Advertisements