Advertisement

Author Topic: Let's see if they'll listen to the rich cause they don't listen to us middle  (Read 110 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...classers  ???:

Exclusive: Robbed at gunpoint, prominent Bay Area CEO urges San Francisco leaders to make public safety top priority

“I am deeply concerned that our city may be so far down the path toward decline that we may never recover,” the CEO said.

If you're paying so much for housing and paying such high level of taxes, you expect some basic government services, like public safety and being able to walk down the street without being accosted by homeless people or having to walk over human excrement to get to your office, which I do every day,” Moghadam said. “When a community develops a reputation for being unsafe or just a really awful environment to go to a meeting, it loses business and it’s hard to bring back.”
“You walk around the streets of San Francisco and it looks literally like a third world country. It’s just terrible,” he said. “We're spending a ton of money, so it’s not a money issue.”

Prologis operates 87 offices around the world, giving Moghadam a unique perspective on how San Francisco compares to other major cities.
“I would say, right this second, San Francisco is probably the most dysfunctional city in America. And we have offices in places like Mexico City and Sao Paulo that are dangerous places,” Moghadam said.

His letter to Mayor Breed:

“I recognize we live in an urban environment, but the level of crime, including violent behavior, has become absolutely unacceptable,” Moghadam wrote. “Obviously, the majority of voters feel this way, which is why they voted to recall our district attorney.
“Ten years ago, we acquired a larger company that was headquartered in Denver, but I insisted we keep our headquarters in San Francisco. Today, I am not sure I would make the same decision,” Moghadam wrote. “It is now difficult for me to tell potential candidates that they should move to San Francisco. We pay some of the highest taxes, local and state, in the nation yet we have no sense of security. Protecting public safety should be the government’s top priority — that is the foundation to a successful city.
“I am deeply concerned that our city may be so far down the path toward decline that we may never recover — or at least not for a long, long time,” Moghadam wrote.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 02:11:29 AM by theking »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements