Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm OK with North Carolina stocking AR-15 rifles at the schools for  (Read 626 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
...their SROs because they are trained and that's their job. However, when I hear of school districts proposing arming Teachers, that's a no for me because you're asking one profession to do two jobs especially when they are not fully trained and they already have their plates full at their primary job:

North Carolina sheriff stocking schools with AR-15 rifles

When the school year begins in Madison County, North Carolina, on August 22, it will come with what the county sheriff says will have enhanced safety features – AR-15 rifles. In an interview with The Asheville Citizen-Times, Sheriff Buddy Harwood said that the new measure for this school year, in collaborating with Madison County Schools, comes in the wake of the Uvalde school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead.

"Those officers were in that building for so long, and that suspect was able to infiltrate that building and injure and kill so many kids," Harwood told the outlet. "I just want to make sure my deputies are prepared in the event that happens."

Each of the six schools in the district, including three elementary schools, will have an AR-15, the sheriff said. The guns will be handled by school resource officers, who have been undergoing training at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, Harwood said.

Social workers and school counselors have also been added to each school as part of this year's safety and security plan.

Harwood said that along with the rifle, a safe will also be put in each school. Breaching tools and additional magazines with ammo will also be kept in the safes. Harwood's staff has also met with first responders and other law enforcement and security officials.

"We'll have those tools to be able to breach that door if needed. I do not want to have to run back out to the car to grab an AR because that's time lost," Harwood said. "Hopefully, we'll never need it, but I want my guys to be as prepared as prepared can be."

Schools are also going to have a panic button system that's connected to a monitoring center.

The county's superintendent Will Hoffman said that school administrators have had regular meetings with local law enforcement to discuss the new measures. He said he's also been assured that law enforcement can monitor school camera systems and has met with the school attorney.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Re: I'm OK with North Carolina stocking AR-15 rifles at the schools for
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 09:14:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure the teachers that will be greenlight to use the weapon would need to go through training before they are allowed to. Kinda like employee going through safety training & LOTO before being issue locks.

AR-15 is just another semi-automatic gun... the only difference is the looks. It looked like a weapon that should only be used by police or army but in reality, it's just a semi-automatic gun.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 09:27:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure the teachers that will be greenlight to use the weapon would need to go through training before they are allowed to. Kinda like employee going through safety training & LOTO before being issue locks.

AR-15 is just another semi-automatic gun... the only difference is the looks. It looked like a weapon that should only be used by police or army but in reality, it's just a semi-automatic gun.

Lol

Do you even own any firearm??? Bro
What happen to your automatic vs automatic firing???

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 10:17:18 AM »

Link doesn't appear somehow.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:32:02 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 10:40:54 AM »
Lol

Do you even own any firearm??? Bro
What happen to your automatic vs automatic firing???

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Uh, do you?

Let me educate you with real definitions from google so you won't think I lied to you:

Automatic weapon(or semi-automatic) - an automatic firearm is one that continuously chambered and fired a round with each trigger mechanism actuated. Meaning- to fire a round you have to press and depress and then press again.

Autormatic Firing weapon (fully automatic) - as long as the trigger is actuated (pressed), it continues to chambered and fired multiple rounds.

The AR-15 (does not stand for Assault Rifle)has no capability of being a automatic firing weapon - there is no switch for it unlike military weapons that have switch (automatic or automatic firing). People who has no knowledge of firearm equate the AR-15 to the AK-47 which is totally wrong.

Never mind, if you still don't get it then there's nothing I can say or do... now I know how "theking" feel  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »
Uh, do you?

Let me educate you with real definitions from google so you won't think I lied to you:

Automatic weapon(or semi-automatic) - an automatic firearm is one that continuously chambered and fired a round with each trigger mechanism actuated. Meaning- to fire a round you have to press and depress and then press again.

Autormatic Firing weapon (fully automatic) - as long as the trigger is actuated (pressed), it continues to chambered and fired multiple rounds.

The AR-15 (does not stand for Assault Rifle)has no capability of being a automatic firing weapon - there is no switch for it unlike military weapons that have switch (automatic or automatic firing). People who has no knowledge of firearm equate the AR-15 to the AK-47 which is totally wrong.

Never mind, if you still don't get it then there's nothing I can say or do... now I know how "theking" feel  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LOL

this guy clearly doesn’t own any firearm
I just let hickok45 explain

https://youtu.be/w2PFY8MNVuY

We just call FULL AUTO VS SEMI AUTO

There is 3 round burst mode too

;D ;D ;D

the “AR” stand for alot stuff depending on who you ask
Assault rifle, ArmaLite Rifle, even american rifle

Depending on whom you ask
Still deadly

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:23:44 AM by hmgROCK »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 11:25:21 AM »
Quote from: Hung_Low link=topic=413831.msg5035879#msg5035879  ([color=red
automatic or automatic firing[/color]).

LMAO

go ask people who own a AR15
If their weapon is automatic or automatic firing

;D ;D ;D

<<<<< this is the face you going get

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 11:33:09 AM »
Chinese flight attendants are armed with martial arts. Maybe American  teachers and security guards should also learn martial arts?

The thing with guns is that if a bad guy gets a hold of it, the good guy's gun will be used on the good guy, too.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:35:13 AM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Online Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 05:26:38 PM »
If a teacher own a gun he/she'll probably aim at you for whatever the reasons that you're provoking him/her.  :2funny:

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 08:08:54 PM »
There was shooting at UNC Charlotte a few years ago. 

Different 💩 same smell

Advertisements