Advertisement

Author Topic: Joke Biden just cancelled my 10k student debt...  (Read 695 times)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Joke Biden just cancelled my 10k student debt...
« on: August 24, 2022, 02:10:39 PM »
Well I wish he would.  I already payed off my student debt because I'm a responsible person who is searching for my American Playboy dream   :2funny:

There is nothing for me in this bill.  What sucks is that I and my future generations will be picking up the tab.  How can Joke biden award the non responsible folks and punish the honest, hard working folks like myself? 

It is only 10K and they were shooting for 50k.   My gosh, uncle biden is looking to buy some votes or what? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announces-student-loan-debt-forgiveness-153845682.html

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Re: Joke Biden just cancelled my 10k student debt...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 08:18:08 AM »
Well I wish he would.  I already payed off my student debt because I'm a responsible person who is searching for my American Playboy dream   :2funny:

There is nothing for me in this bill.  What sucks is that I and my future generations will be picking up the tab.  How can Joke biden award the non responsible folks and punish the honest, hard working folks like myself? 

It is only 10K and they were shooting for 50k.   My gosh, uncle biden is looking to buy some votes or what? 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-announces-student-loan-debt-forgiveness-153845682.html

O0 O0

I couldn't have said it better myself... it's all a ploy to get votes. Like I mentioned to YAX... if they had really cared about it, they would have done it as soon as they took control of both the Executive and Legislative branch of gov't.

This is to punished the responsible people while awarding the irresponsible people... same with crimes too, help the criminals while punish the law abiding people.

During a press briefing this is what Jean-Pierre had to say...

Doocy: "Who is paying this?"

JP: "What we're saying is the work that this administration has done, the work that the Democrats have done is there...."

Doocy: "But when you forgive debt, you're not just disappearing debt so who's paying for it?"

The full exchanges is here
https://twitter.com/i/status/1562541653650317312

She can't even answered who's paying for it... but beating around the bush.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:15:49 AM by Hung_Low »

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 01:01:41 PM »
O0 O0

I couldn't have said it better myself... it's all a ploy to get votes. Like I mentioned to YAX... if they had really cared about it, they would have done it as soon as they took control of both the Executive and Legislative branch of gov't.

This is to punished the responsible people while awarding the irresponsible people... same with crimes too, help the criminals while punish the law abiding people.

During a press briefing this is what Jean-Pierre had to say...

Doocy: "Who is paying this?"

JP: "What we're saying is the work that this administration has done, the work that the Democrats have done is there...."

Doocy: "But when you forgive debt, you're not just disappearing debt so who's paying for it?"

The full exchanges is here
https://twitter.com/i/status/1562541653650317312

She can't even answered who's paying for it... but beating around the bush.

I have a few scenario and I'm using some generalization that has merit into this. 

Lets say that I have a 100k student loan.  If I'm irresponsible, upon graduation and moving out of the college lifestyle, I would like to move on with a new chapter in my life.  My loan is the boogeyman that must follows me.  Now I don't know about you but a lot of people hate paying back their loans.  They will default it until whenever.  So even if I'm getting a 10K discount off my 100K loan, do you think I will pay off that 90K plus interest?  So is the program actually working?   This 10k loan forgiveness only works in favors of those loans that are dancing around the 10k area.  Minus 10k and I'm owe just 5k left, now that's more doable. 

If I'm reading this loan program correctly, the 10k is only apply to undergraduate loans and not private loans.   Well who are them folks that are holding onto them 100k+ loans?  Professional that is who.  So who's holding onto a 10k loan?  Drop outs that's who.  Each semester is 5k loan.  After 2 sessions, 10k and they decided to drop out.  Know anybody?  I sure do. 

Now to address the question of who's going to pay for it?  I can bat on the other side as well.  Ever heard of businesses getting a waiver on their PPP loan?  So who's paying for this?  No one crying about it so why now?

What I think is your government needs to make the program better.  Instead of handling out 10K to folks, perhaps they can take that 10K and help pay off their interest instead.  The folks that are paying for loans and if payed minimum are usually paying into the interest so the principle amount will not go anywhere so they will end up owing a loan for life.  If you help them with the interest,  at least it will make them more responsible when it comes to paying back their student loan, especially when they can really see their loan amount falling. 

I'm not even sure how the money is being disturbed either.  I know they have to register for it and the irs is going to verify their income and then send them a check?  You know what I'll do with a 10K check?  Forget about paying my student loan, I'm gonna buy a new car instead.  So is the program working or people are going to abuse it like how some are with their stimulus checks? 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »
Where hmoobrock at?  Easy money.  Let me show you the scam.

Once the online website is launch, just go apply.  If you get it, you get it.  If not, hopefully you do not have to do jail time.

So who qualifies? 

If you get pell grant free money, you will get 10k if your income is less than 125K
If you do not get pell grant, you get 20K if your income is less than 125K. 

20K up for grabs.  Hmoobrock where you at?  Lets go Joke Biden.   O0

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics/biden-student-loan-forgiveness-qualify/index.html

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 10:04:05 AM »
Where hmoobrock at?  Easy money.  Let me show you the scam.

Once the online website is launch, just go apply.  If you get it, you get it.  If not, hopefully you do not have to do jail time.

So who qualifies? 

If you get pell grant free money, you will get 10k if your income is less than 125K
If you do not get pell grant, you get 20K if your income is less than 125K. 

20K up for grabs.  Hmoobrock where you at?  Lets go Joke Biden.   O0

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/24/politics/biden-student-loan-forgiveness-qualify/index.html

You got it backward... $20K for Pell Grant recipients and $10K for non-Pell Grant recipients.

The PPP was created and passed by Congress to give businesses help in continuing to pay their employees during the pandemic. It's a totally different animal. However, the Left/Dem love to talk about this as it is one in the same... 

I beef is that if you are pulling in $100K a year and you can't make your student loan payment, you don't deserve any forgiveness.
I would prefer that these loans not charge any interests and have the wages deducted automatically to pay for it... it's fair for everyone.

Now, with this... everyone is on the hook for $330Billions, those that never had loans and those that paid their loans.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 11:55:09 AM »
You got it backward... $20K for Pell Grant recipients and $10K for non-Pell Grant recipients.

The PPP was created and passed by Congress to give businesses help in continuing to pay their employees during the pandemic. It's a totally different animal. However, the Left/Dem love to talk about this as it is one in the same... 

I beef is that if you are pulling in $100K a year and you can't make your student loan payment, you don't deserve any forgiveness.
I would prefer that these loans not charge any interests and have the wages deducted automatically to pay for it... it's fair for everyone.

Now, with this... everyone is on the hook for $330Billions, those that never had loans and those that paid their loans.

Yeah I got my info backwards alright though however the logic doesn't make sense.  Pell grant, if I recalled were free money and does not have to pay back?  If you get free pell grant, why would you be rewarded more free money? 

College was a long time ago for me and I think I had pell grant.  It was delicious.   :2funny:

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 10:18:18 AM »
I’m jealous because i won’t get any
Hahahahah

<<<<< never went to big college

Just the local tech for for certification

;D ;D ;D

And im probably 1000x smarter than yall in here

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 01:32:58 PM »
So the trick is to pay off your loan but leave 20K in there.  Uncle Joe will take care of that for you.   :2funny:

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 01:38:10 PM »
You know what kind of people who carries a 10k to 20K loan? 

Folks that major in something stupid that once graduation, they can not get a job to pay back their loan

or

The typical college drop outs.  After taking a few semesters of loans, they quit school. 

So who is Uncle Joe trying to help here? 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 03:18:46 PM »
I know
But I didn’t go to college

This bill does nothing for me

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements