Advertisement

Author Topic: Fraud  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Fraud
« on: September 06, 2022, 11:06:51 AM »

First time one my debit cards was skimmed and used. I’m usually very careful and never used debit on anything except to withdraw cash from the bank’s atm. Caught it early and bank removed the charge and disabled the card. The charge was posted in some unknown town in NC. I’m thinking the criminal lifted the card’s info but not the pin otherwise cash withdrawal transactions would have transpired. Stay diligent!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Fraud
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 11:35:49 AM »
lol

that's karma, bro
bad stuff happen to bad people

;D ;D O0 O0

God did not created man...man created god

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 12:01:04 PM »
Looks like oversea nigerian scam with that weird looking name. 

However, some dumb criminal though.  Who the hell try to steal $14?  Might as well go with $14,000 or something. 

Then again, can't get more than what's in there. 

I have a courtesy text anytime a transaction was used.  I used to sport bets with offshore bookie account and you know it, all of my CC got tapped.  This is the reason why I don't play offshore anymore.  Either hacked, tap or they sell your info.  Can't trust anybody these days.  This is why I don't use card when paying for the drive through at sketchy mama papa places like coffee or burrito joints.  I only do big franchises because they have the money to pay me in a law suit and they know better to have a system that would protect their customer's base. 

When the world is hungry, expect more fraud and scams.   O0

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 12:06:10 PM »

However, some dumb criminal though.  Who the hell try to steal $14?  Might as well go with $14,000 or something. 

Can’t steal $14k
If you don’t have $14k

;D ;D

I would have buy ipad and macbook
And gift card
 and sent it to a fake address
With his debit card

;D ;D ;D

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 12:06:54 PM »
Although, you gotta remember if you order something online.   Even amazon resellers may use some weird looking name for processing because well, they wanna cheat and scam too to make a living. 

I did saw and called customer service and while on the phone, she broke it down for me and although she doesn't know what I bought, I then remembered and it hits me and then I felt like a fool.  You get the product and poor seller not getting their money.  Not fair for them at all.   Just saying. 

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 12:11:17 PM »
Can’t steal $14k
If you don’t have $14k

;D ;D

I would have buy ipad and macbook
And gift card
 and sent it to a fake address
With his debit card

;D ;D ;D

You have a criminal mind but when you are hungry and poor and busting only $10 an hour, you gotta think further or bust.  Charging rent for unfurnished basement living is illegal.  It does not pass spec for permit although some houses are doing it anyway or maybe they got the permit to turn a room down there into a living room.  4 bedrooms on top with one built in the basement and advertise to sell as a 5 bedrooms.  Nice

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 03:08:50 PM »
lol

that's karma, bro
bad stuff happen to bad people

;D ;D O0 O0

I don’t expect anything but no sense from you. lol

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 03:16:16 PM »

Then again, can't get more than what's in there. 

I have a courtesy text anytime a transaction was used.  I used to sport bets with offshore bookie account and you know it, all of my CC got tapped.  This is the reason why I don't play offshore anymore.  Either hacked, tap or they sell your info.  Can't trust anybody these days.  This is why I don't use card when paying for the drive through at sketchy mama papa places like coffee or burrito joints.  I only do big franchises because they have the money to pay me in a law suit and they know better to have a system that would protect their customer's base. 

When the world is hungry, expect more fraud and scams.   O0

I know these people but a while back, a supposedly friend took another friend’s atm while owner was asleep and went to withdraw cash because he saw the pin when owner withdrew. Just blows my mind how petty and slow some people are. I given good friends my atm and pin before and I welcome them to withdraw more than the necessary but never happened.

Best way to weed out people, money.

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 04:45:49 PM »
I received an email from Samsung a few days ago saying their system got hacked.  No cc or bank info waa stolen just personal info.  Amazon was hacked too and I received an email.  Big companies don't matter when you agree to their terms.  The same goes for mobile apps, you agree to give permission to access your info. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 06:13:36 PM »
My work does from time to time to trick and test us.  Our job is to fwd the potential spam email to the fraud department or just delete it. 

I just came back from vacation and it said something about some of my email were lost and need to be retrieved.  I clicked and got a warning from my work that had it was a real hack job, our company would be in jeopardy and I would be screwed. 

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 06:24:43 PM »
First time one my debit cards was skimmed and used. I’m usually very careful and never used debit on anything except to withdraw cash from the bank’s atm. Caught it early and bank removed the charge and disabled the card. The charge was posted in some unknown town in NC. I’m thinking the criminal lifted the card’s info but not the pin otherwise cash withdrawal transactions would have transpired. Stay diligent!

Sorry to hear. I had my wallet stolen by a client at my work place in the 90s working in the social service field and I was able to recovered and cleared everything so it didn't cost me money but it did cost me time and inconvenience so still not good to go through it.

Yes, "Stay diligent!" because some FRAUDs don't even care if they they go "underground" to steal from the poor...no shame, no common sense or courtesy, and no morals at all... :idiot2:

Like this post: +1

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2022, 06:27:15 PM »

Yep, it has been that way for "YEARRRSSS" now...THAT GUY is really full of hatred so much so that he even hate himself.  ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2022, 10:22:13 PM »

Its them karma dog, lol
Your lying ways

What goes around
Comes around

;D ;D ;D

If it was me
I would bought tons of gift card
And resell them on ebay

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2022, 09:34:00 AM »

Its them karma dog, lol
Your lying ways

What goes around
Comes around

;D ;D ;D

If it was me
I would bought tons of gift card
And resell them on ebay

That is exactly what a fraud like yourself would do. lol

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2022, 10:41:07 AM »
Been hit a couple times. Learned the hard way, never pay for gas with a debit. CC ftw!

Advertisements