Advertisement

Author Topic: Knew several Hmong & Mien families do strawberry farms so wonder if this affects  (Read 272 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
...them  ???:

The summer drought's hefty toll on American crops

In California, farmers are making tough choices to give up on their strawberries and tomatoes, lettuces and melons, so that whatever water they get goes to crops like almonds, grapes and olives, where they've sunk multiyear investments and the payoff is better

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
That’s too bad.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, the heat in California's Central Valley doesn't help either:

California city sets record for the most days over 100°F — and summer isn't over yet

One day after setting its all-time high temperature record with Tuesday’s blistering 116° Fahrenheit reading, Sacramento, Calif., bested another hot weather mark, recording its 42nd day in a single year of temperatures over 100°F.

Set in 1998, the prior record for the most days in a calendar year with high temperatures of over 100°F was 41. With temperatures forecast to hit a high of 111°F on Thursday and 110°F on Friday, the rest of the week will pull Sacramento well ahead of that mark.

When the city hit 106°F on Wednesday, it was the eighth consecutive day that temperatures topped 100°F. By week’s end, Sacramento will have set a third record, topping 100°F for 10 consecutive days.

The heat wave that has gripped California since the weekend has re-written temperature records across much of the state, and Sacramento, the state capital which is located in the central valley, found itself in the crosshairs of unrelenting heat virtually every single day.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Next year will gonna be worse. Less rain to make water flow at the dam during winter seasons.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements