Advertisement

Author Topic: Didn't know 24 hr. health food grocery store exist til I was in KC, as a Raiders  (Read 325 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
...fan, I thought they were going to give me a hard time but the employees were pretty friendly and good sport even after I told them I'm a Raiders fan  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
These people know the Raiders can't touch KC that's why they're friendly to you  >:D

Like this post: +1
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
These people know the Raiders can't touch KC that's why they're friendly to you  >:D

Hey hey now lol

Like this post: +1
I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Sports fans with common sense...Unlike these idiots:

San Francisco 49ers fan in coma after apparent attack at NFC championship game

A San Francisco 49ers fan remains in a medically-induced coma after being found injured in the SoFi Stadium parking lot before Sunday's NFC championship game.

Harbor-UCLA Medical Center staff told Inglewood police they believe Daniel Luna, 40, was attacked. Los Angeles County Fire Department paramedics found Luna about 30 minutes into the NFC championship game, wearing a San Francisco jersey, according to Inglewood Police Lt. Geoffrey Meeks.

"They (medical staff) believe he suffered from an assault at the stadium to his upper body and facial area," Meeks said. "We are relying heavily on video to try to identify the people involved. We are going to leave no stone unturned."

On Thursday night, Inglewood mayor James Butts said that video of the incident showed Luna and another man get into a brief pushing match. The video - which Butts said is not being released as the investigation remains ongoing - showed Luna push a man, who responded by pushing back and punching Luna. The man who punched Luna remains at large.

"It looked like a small altercation that went very bad," Butts said. "Five seconds. Push. Turn around, push, [and] punch. It wasn't even five seconds."

Fan violence is a constant concern for players and their families

Many of the headlines surrounding the NFL over the last couple of weeks have been about players and off-the-field violence. Unfortunately, we continue the conversation this week about more violence, but this time from fans.

On Sunday, Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher returned to play a game in his hometown of Cleveland. More than 40 friends and family members attended the Redskins' 38-21 victory over the Browns, cheering Fletcher on during his homecoming.

By the end of the game, however, four of Fletcher's relatives were arrested. The linebacker blamed stadium security, as well as fans who "harassed" his family "from the moment they got out of their car."

Talking from experience, I'll tell you that the last thing a player wants to be concerned with while playing in a game is the safety of his family inside the stadium. As players, we are all too aware of the security threat that fans of the opposing team pose to our families.

When I was with the Oakland Raiders, wide receiver Tim Brown had his wife would sit in a luxury box at home games. When we went on the road to play the San Diego Chargers, Mrs. Brown was prohibited by her husband from attending for safety reasons.

When the Raiders and Chargers face off in this fierce rivalry, there always seems to be some type of encounter among the two fan bases. From the field, you can see the commotion developing in the stands and are very much aware of what's happening.

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Yeah, I don’t understand it. I’m there to enjoy the game.

Raiders fans got into it as well. It’s becoming too common nowadays.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Advertisements