Advertisement

Author Topic: Family time and winning prizes  (Read 468 times)

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
Family time and winning prizes
« on: October 26, 2022, 11:28:10 AM »

Still winning at the ring toss, overall, won about 20 or so prizes. I love spending time with my kids and they will forever remember the year 2022 as the year their dad overcame carnival’s scam games(what my kids called it).

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Family time and winning prizes
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 02:17:34 PM »
They still win. 

If it cost $5 to try, the prizes are worth $5 for them to buy in bulk. 

With carnival, it isn't all about the prize but the aspect of winning.  To be able to hold your top prize and to carry it around with you is a way to show off to the world that you are a born winner.  Makes a kid feels special.  Makes the guy who spent over $100 just to get his date a prize feeling special. 

I still like my low maintenance country girl.  She can talk you out of everything.  Saves me money and all that implication that comes with the carnival world. 

Like this post: +1
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 05:32:08 PM »
Got that right, cheap made but really overpriced if you were to buy here at G America. Saw some squishmallows similar at Costco and they were selling it for 13. I don’t know about the ducky though. Something for the kiddies to do and be winners at the end.

My kids don’t even want to carry that big thing around so we play when we’re about to leave only.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 06:27:09 PM »
Nice!  O0

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 07:14:17 PM »

Another winner! That kid is getting spoiled.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 10:38:13 PM »
NICE!  O0

The only carnival game for big stuff animals that I've had success in is this one even though they rigged the rim to make it harder. I won a handful of times over the years. There was one year at the CA state fair in Cal Expo where one shot was $2 but I can buy 3 shots for $5 so I bought 3 shots. The first ball went in and they stopped me and I was like but I still have two more shots. They said, once a participant wins, he/she is not allowed to win again or some BS like that. Guess, they don't want a hot hand to continue winning. Then I was like, well if that's the case, refund me $3 back. They couldn't do that either...as that giant stuff animal probably cost them at least $5 bucks.. ;D:

Rigged oval shape hoop vs. normal circular shape hoop  ;D:

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 09:25:55 AM »
NICE!  O0

The only carnival game for big stuff animals that I've had success in is this one even though they rigged the rim to make it harder. I won a handful of times over the years. There was one year at the CA state fair in Cal Expo where one shot was $2 but I can buy 3 shots for $5 so I bought 3 shots. The first ball went in and they stopped me and I was like but I still have two more shots. They said, once a participant wins, he/she is not allowed to win again or some BS like that. Guess, they don't want a hot hand to continue winning. Then I was like, well if that's the case, refund me $3 back. They couldn't do that either...as that giant stuff animal probably cost them at least $5 bucks.. ;D:

Rigged oval shape hoop vs. normal circular shape hoop  ;D:

I know what you mean! Same with my winnings, they said I can’t win anymore but to just keep tossing the rings. I said I’m going to give the rest of my rings(almost full bucket) to another participant currently throwing rings and some would flat out said I can not while others have said I could. Odd throughout since I tested their policy on other things too and came back contradictory.

Advertisements