Advertisement

Author Topic: Nice, go out on your own terms, I support this choice  (Read 175 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
Nice, go out on your own terms, I support this choice
« on: November 06, 2022, 10:17:26 PM »
My Dad Decided It Was Time To Die. Here’s How I Helped Him Do It The Way He Wanted.

"'I’ve had a wonderful life, and now I can’t live it the way I want to,' he explained. 'So I’m done. And that’s OK.'"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dad-died-hospice-care-daughter_n_6356e26fe4b0b7f89f64b2c8

“Here, talk to your father,” Carol says. She hands off the phone.

His voice is jolly and tipsy. “Oh, the end is near,” he intones, with an odd mixture of gravity and glee. Why is he saying this? When I’d last seen him, two months before, he had seemed largely fine. Yes, 86 years old; yes, managing prostate cancer and (mostly asymptomatic) emphysema; and yet, full of his customary enthusiasm for music, martinis, old movies, good food.

Is he depressed? But he doesn’t sound depressed.

“I’m not afraid of death!” he proclaims, beginning to quote from one of his favorite poems, “Ode to a Nightingale” — the one I remember from my childhood, because it regularly brought him to tears.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile
Re: Nice, go out on your own terms, I support this choice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 08:33:35 AM »
A doctor tried to do that many years ago with terminally ill patients and he went to jail for it... Dr. Death (Kevorkian)

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements