Advertisement

Author Topic: a few of my relatives run chicken farms in GA and bet they had a hand in this  (Read 199 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
 ???:

Asian American voters could help decide the Senate runoff in Georgia, experts say
National political leaders and advocates are trying to rally Asian support in the final days before the Walker-Warnock election.

Days before Georgia’s Senate runoff election on Tuesday, Sen. Raphael Warnock, the Democratic candidate, and Herschel Walker, his Republican opponent, are trying to sway an often-overlooked demographic that experts believe could decide the election.

Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, who make up 4.7% of the state’s electorate, might provide the margin of victory in an election that's expected to be a close call, and the country is taking notice.

The last few weeks have seen the formation of Georgia’s first AAPI Caucus, the appearance of campaign ads in Asian languages, and the descent of national celebrities and organizations on Georgia to help get out the Asian vote.

Asian voter turnout nearly doubled in Georgia between 2016 and 2020, AAPI Data reported last year, and those ballots amounted to more than the margin with which President Joe Biden won the state. Leading up to the Dec. 6 runoff, both parties are coveting their vote.

“Georgia is an extremely competitive state, and we have over 100,000 South Asians and 250,000 Asian Americans,” said Neil Makhija, executive director of the civic organization Indian American Impact. “We have been the margin in the past and we can easily be the margin again.”

On the ground, organizations like Makhija’s have gone door to door, encouraging the state’s large AAPI population to come to the polls.

I took these photos of their chicken farm:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
I got family in GA too . 

Like this post: +1
Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Cool.. 8)

I asked my relatives if they want to move back to California and they said, probably after the kids are done with college and on their own..

Like this post: 0

Advertisements