Advertisement

Author Topic: What? A politician lied about his credentials?? Really??? NO WAY...  (Read 324 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ;D:

George Santos Dodges Questions as Democrats Label Him ‘Unfit to Serve’

GOP Rep.-Elect George Santos Claims 'Smear' Over Faked Bio Report

Democratic House leaders stopped short of calling for the resignation of Mr. Santos, a Republican, who may have misrepresented himself in his résumé.

A lawyer for Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Monday accused The New York Times of waging a smear campaign against his client after the paper reported Santos misrepresented key aspects of his resume to voters.

In an explosive report earlier Monday, the Times revealed parts of Santos’ claimed background appear to be false, including his education and work record at Citigroup and Goldman Sachs. Neither company had any record of his employment.

Santos’ lawyer, Joseph Murray, did not address the discrepancies and instead attacked the questions as politically motivated.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What? A politician lied about his credentials?? Really??? NO WAY...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 11:40:17 PM »
Embattled Republican Assemblyman-elect insists ‘I’m a Brooklynite’ in hearing challenging residency

A New York Assemblyman-elect whose victory is being challenged over residency issues insisted that he is from Brooklyn in a legislative hearing on Wednesday, according to reports.

Lester Chang, a Republican, won the Nov. 8 election to represent District 49 in the state Capitol. Securing 52 percent of the votes, he beat Democratic incumbent Peter Abbate, who had held the office for the last 36 years.

The Board of Elections unanimously certified the result earlier this month. However, the office has remained in contest as the Democratic-led Assembly questions Chang’s eligibility over residency issues.

Chang, a Lower East Side native born to Chinese immigrant parents, was registered to vote in Manhattan before transferring to Brooklyn only in February, reports say. This became an issue as candidates are required to have lived in the borough they are running in for at least a year prior to election.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 09:00:39 AM »
Saying that a politician don't lie is like saying that the earth is flat...

Heck, even the President's wife called herself a Doctor when she's not even one, don't even have a degree.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 11:23:50 AM »
I wonder if he's going to spew MORE LIES like PH's "compulsive liar" (per the neutral PH members) when caught red-handed for lying or is he actually going to do the 12 steps..My bet is on MORE LIES... ;D ???:

George Santos breaks silence amid mounting allegations he misrepresented his résumé
The GOP congressman-elect broke his silence Thursday, three days after the New York Times published a bombshell investigation suggesting that he fabricated key parts of his résumé during the campaign.

In a tweet addressed to the people of the state’s Third Congressional District, Santos wrote, “I have my story to tell and it will be told next week.”

“I want to assure everyone that I will address your questions and that I remain committed to deliver the results I campaigned on; Public safety, Inflation, Education & more,” he added. “Happy Holidays to all!”

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 11:46:40 PM »
Hey what do you? Unlike hmongLIAR, this guy is doing his 12 steps...BRAVO? ???:

Rep.-elect Santos admits lying about his credentials

Rep.-elect George Santos on Monday told the New York Post that he had fabricated important elements of his biography before last month's midterm elections.

“My sins here are embellishing my resume. I’m sorry,” Santos (R-N.Y.) was quoted as saying in an interview in which he also said he fully intends to serve his two-year term in Congress. He also gave an interview to WABC radio.

Among other things, Santos told the New York Post that he had not worked "directly" for Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, saying that a company he did work for did business with both of them.

He also said he had not graduated from Baruch College, nor “from any institution of higher learning.”

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2022, 10:20:19 AM »
Man, even Fox News is calling him out  ;D:

Tulsi Gabbard tears into George Santos during Fox interview: ‘Do you have no shame?’

“If I were one of those in New York’s 3rd District right now, now that the election is over, and I’m finding out all of these lies that you’ve told, not just one little lie or one little embellishment — these are blatant lies — my question is, do you have no shame?” Gabbard asked while filling in for Fox News host Tucker Carlson in an interview with Santos on Tuesday evening. “Do you have no shame? And the people who are now, you’re asking to trust you to go and be their voice for them, their families and their kids in Washington?”

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 12:16:14 AM »
 ;D

Sounds like the idiot here that cried "BOO HOO HOO" because of how unfair life is because he didn't get the "last say"... :idiot2: ;D:

Marjorie Taylor Greene Rages At Tulsi Gabbard For Not Going Easy On George Santos

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) wasn’t pleased with Tulsi Gabbard’s treatment of Rep.-elect George Santos (R-N.Y.) on Fox News.

While guest-hosting for “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Tuesday, Gabbard held Santos’ feet to the fire over the fabrications he made about his experience to get elected. Santos has characterized the fibs as “embellishing my resumé.” Gabbard said they were blatant lies, and repeatedly asked him: “Do you have no shame?”

This apparently didn’t sit well with Greene, who attacked Gabbard on Wednesday for going too hard on her incoming House colleague.

She complained that Gabbard, who formerly represented Hawaii’s 2nd congressional district as a Democrat, gave Santos “zero grace, while George is admitting and apologizing for lying about his resume, just like her former colleagues are giving George zero grace & even demanding he resign.”

Since his election, Santos has admitted to lying about having Jewish heritage, Wall Street job experience and a college degree. Long Island prosecutors have opened an investigation to determine if he committed a crime in doing so, and other questions about his business dealings still remain unanswered.

In her stunning Fox News takedown, Gabbard torched Santos for misleading his voters and refusing to take full accountability for the depth of his deception.

“A lie is not an embellishment on a resume,” Gabbard said. “These are blatant lies, and it calls into question how your constituents and the American people can believe anything that you may say when you are standing on the floor of the House of Representative s.”

Santos’ apologies were hardly sincere. He repeatedly complained that “everybody wants to nitpick at me” and “push me” and “call me a liar,” and insisted that he “worked really hard” for his achievements and remained committed to serving his constituents.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 12:19:01 AM »
Yeah, that LIAR should be "investigated" and perhaps even canceled his election win because it was FRAUDULENT to begin with... ???:

N.Y. Rep.-elect George Santos is being investigated for lying about his past

U.S. Rep.-elect George Santos of New York was under investigation by Long Island prosecutors on Wednesday, after revelations surfaced that the now-embattled Republican lied about his heritage, education and professional pedigree as he campaigned for office.

Despite intensifying doubt about his fitness to hold federal office, Santos has shown no signs of stepping aside — even as he publicly admitted to a long list of lies.

Nassau County District Attorney Anne T. Donnelly, a Republican, said the fabrications and inconsistencie s were "nothing short of stunning."

"The residents of Nassau County and other parts of the third district must have an honest and accountable representative in Congress," she said. "If a crime was committed in this county, we will prosecute it."

New York GOP leader calls accusation of faked bio for new GOP House member 'serious'
POLITICS
New York GOP leader calls accusation of faked bio for new GOP House member 'serious'
Santos' campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment Wednesday.

He is scheduled to be sworn in next Tuesday, when the U.S. House reconvenes. If he assumes office, he could face investigations by the House Committee on Ethics and the Justice Department.

Santos suggested he does not plan to step aside in a Twitter post Wednesday about a visit to the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy earlier in the day.

"In Congress, I look forward to working alongside them to fully utilize this amazing resource we have in our own backyard in #NY03," the tweet said.

Advertisements