Advertisement

Author Topic: That percentage sounds about right cause when I was in KC, lots of Black folks  (Read 221 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
Kansas City Teacher Fired After Repeated Use of Racial Slur
A white Kansas City charter school teacher has been fired after students recorded him using a racial slur several times

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Kansas City charter school with a largely minority student population has fired a white teacher who was recorded repeatedly using a racial slur in his classes, school administrators said.

University Academy officials said in a letter to families that Johnny Wolfe, a history and African American studies teacher in the upper school, had been fired after an investigation prompted by concerns raised last month by students and alumni, The Kansas City Star reported Monday.

University Academy is a public charter school with about 1,100 students, 96% of whom are students of color, and most are Black.

Several videos and recordings of students confronting Wolfe about using the racial slur multiple times were posted on KC Defender, a Black community media platform.

In the recordings, he defends his use of the slur, saying that he was speaking in an “educational context.”

Like I've said, when I was there, there are Black folks everywhere including my KC Chiefs fan deli server that gave me (a Raiders fan) excellent service with a smile  O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Not all Africans are nice. There are some racist blacks too in the west and midwest. It's nothing to do with good and bad apples. It's up to the person has to learn to examine oneself instead of fixating on other people of colors.

Like this post: +1
There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Not all Africans are nice. There are some racist blacks too in the west and midwest. It's nothing to do with good and bad apples. It's up to the person has to learn to examine oneself instead of fixating on other people of colors.

Yep, I remember visiting some cuz in Detroit and got the "ching chong" slant eye things from some black teens. We gave them some 'monkey' gestures and that was that.

Racism exist in all race...

Like this post: +1
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements