Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm no love expert. But if someone makes you feel like this, they aren't right.  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
1. If you feel you have to defend or explain yourself when you see them or when you contact them, then they aren't right for you.

The pronoun "they" here refers to a he or she that's particular to
your situation.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 09:08:28 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
It depends.

That is why it's so important to build trust. To do that:

1. You have to be a person with integrity to begin with.
2. Loving a person means that you are actively taking steps moving towards them.
3. #1 and #2 are consistent.

These things only apply to a partner who isn't experiencing trauma or deficits in the relationship department. Someone who has attachment issues or is a narcissist is another conversation and will always come with drama.

Anyways, once you have trust then almost anything you say or do will not stir up drama or raise suspicion, and you won't feel like you have to withhold information.

Unfortunately, many people do not have the discernment to do what's appropriate and so they're creating mistrust and suspicion with their partner. And now they find themselves having to defend or explain.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A Norwegian couple were so in love they migrated to the US together in the early days.

Soon, he stopped coming home.

Garrison Keylor says there are two things here: 1. she kept yelling at him and so he stopped coming home, and 2. she kept yelling at him because he stopped coming home.

"...

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Some people are insecure and will be suspicious all the time. However, sometimes one person causes the other to be suspicious by their actions and behavior. Maybe what they did or how they acted created a misunderstandi ng only. But if a person tends to create a lot of misunderstandi ng with their partner then either they don't know how to have a healthy relationship or they are not a good partner for any relationship, period. Both cannot be good.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 12:22:14 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

"...

Advertisements