Advertisement

Author Topic: Kids or no kids? Regardless there'll be some regrets on both spectrum or none  (Read 212 times)

Online theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
A Woman Who Chose Not To Have Kids Is Sharing Responses To Common Questions For People Who Wish To Remain Child-Free, And It's Honestly Super Helpful

It's no secret that more and more Americans are choosing to abstain from having children. In fact, a recent report from the Pew Research Center showed that over 44% of non-parents ages 18 to 49 say it is not too likely or not at all likely that they will have children someday, which is an increase of 7% from the 37% who said the same in a 2018 survey. And it's not a huge mystery as to why more people are making this decision.

With inflation causing everyday grocery items to skyrocket in price, one-bedroom apartments essentially remaining unaffordable to at least half of America's population, and the federal minimum wage still sitting at a laughable $7.25, people cannot afford to raise a family! And that doesn't even cover the threat of the ongoing climate crisis.

But beyond all of the practical or financial reasons as to why someone might choose to remain child-free; the bottom line is that regardless of the reasoning, this is a very valid choice that deserves just as much respect and acceptance as choosing to raise a family.
So, as someone who has always known on some level that I do not want children, I was immediately validated when I came across a recent

#stitch with @Maelen S. Repeat after me, “I fail to understand how my life choices impact you in any way.” You don’t owe anyone an explanation. #childfree#childfreebychoice#childfreelife#childfreetiktok#noregrets#GoodDeedsCup

In the video — seen above — Gvizzle stitched another user's video where the original creator was asking child-free women over 40 what their lives are like because she had been told by so many people that she’ll regret her decision to remain child-free. In her own response video, Gvizzle can be heard saying, "I have known my entire life [that] I wasn't going to have children. It was not [even] a decision I made, [it was] something I have always known."

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements