Advertisement

Author Topic: Effort in a relationship to me is...  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
Effort in a relationship to me is...
« on: May 05, 2023, 01:07:49 AM »
...going out of your way to do something that you normally don't do or don't have to do, but do it because it brings joy to the other person. It is also stepping out of your comfort zone, such as making a sacrifice.

This is how I gauge if someone loves and values me.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Effort in a relationship to me is...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 04:38:37 PM »
...going out of your way to do something that you normally don't do or don't have to do, but do it because it brings joy to the other person. It is also stepping out of your comfort zone, such as making a sacrifice.

This is how I gauge if someone loves and values me.
[/size]
 O0 O0 O0 O0

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 06:40:26 PM »
Take a chapter from Pierce Brosnan 007. 

His wife got Fat and yet, he takes her out on the red carpet and flossed her proudly like a shiny diamond.

So question yourself.  If you have a company's party and your significant other is not a half bag of chips, are you going to bring them to meet your co workers? 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 02:09:43 AM »
Take a chapter from Pierce Brosnan 007. 

His wife got Fat and yet, he takes her out on the red carpet and flossed her proudly like a shiny diamond.

So question yourself.  If you have a company's party and your significant other is not a half bag of chips, are you going to bring them to meet your co workers?

That example appears to be a marital obligation. I have an old school view on marriage. Most acts are done out of marital responsibiliti es and obligations. That, in of itself, is also considered love. Not the touchy-feely kind of love though.

Advertisements