Advertisement

Author Topic: I could've been like this Hmong Vang dude except for the farming part  (Read 67 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
...but thank goodness I broke it off with my Filipina gf because my quality of life would not be as good as now if I've stuck with her  ;D..

Good luck and best wishes to this Hmong/Flip couple  O0:

Northern California farm draws on Philippine and Hmong ancestries

“There are lots of ways in which we’ve been severed from our relationship to the land through these histories,” founder Robyn Rodriguez said.

While much of the country stocked up on toilet paper during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, Robyn Rodriguez and her husband, Joshua Vang, invested in vegetable seeds.

They saw the pandemic as another consequence of the climate crisis and as symptomatic of something deeper than a widespread disease.

Rodriguez and Vang also lost their son during the pandemic. The sense of loss prompted them to launch the Reimagination Farm in Lake County in north-central California. Having opened Saturday, it will incorporate intergeneratio nal farming techniques that draw from their Philippine and Hmong ancestries, along with local Native American Indigenous land knowledge.

“Loss just prompts you to want to live more fully, live more aligned with the things you say you want to do,” Rodriguez said.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements