Advertisement

Author Topic: Asian girl made situation worst for the real upskirt victims in this case  (Read 772 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
 ???:

A college student is getting eviscerated on social media for accusing a Chinese migrant worker of taking upskirt photos of her, even though she knew he was just minding his own business

A Chinese student was slammed online after she wrongly accused a man of taking upskirt photos of her.

She posted a video where she confronted the man, only to verify on-camera that he did not photograph her.

The student issued a public apology amid a social media uproar over her false claims.

A Chinese university student has found herself in the center of a social media maelstrom after she falsely accused a man of taking upskirt photos of her, despite verifying on-camera that he didn't commit the act.

Identified only by her surname, Zhang, the woman made a social media post on June 7 saying that she noticed a migrant worker squatting near her on the Guangzhou subway, per local media.

Zhang said she suspected him of secretly taking upskirt photos of her, and posted an online video that showed his face.

"It couldn't be the first time that this wretched old man has taken photos with skillful tactics," she wrote in a caption.

The now-deleted video went viral, but the footage appeared to debunk Zhang's claim. It showed Zhang's confrontation with the man, who Chinese media outlets identified by his last name, Deng.

"Hello. May I see your phone to check if you took photos of me?" she asked Zhang.

Appearing confused, the man immediately opened his photo gallery and showed that it did not have any photos of Zhang or anyone on the subway.

"Watch it. Don't carelessly take photos of others," Zhang told him before leaving.

Zhang gets blasted online and quickly goes viral
As Zhang's video and accusations about the man's conduct spread, she started getting slammed on Weibo, China's version of Twitter.

"If you suspect that I've done something wrong, shouldn't you show evidence that I've done so? Why do I need to prove my innocence? Report it to the police and let them figure it out," said one Weibo user.

"The most hateful thing about this woman is that after she clearly reconciled the situation, she posted something on the internet to make others go viral," wrote another.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements