Advertisement

Author Topic: No love for rainbow allowed at Yosemite National Park?  (Read 473 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
No love for rainbow allowed at Yosemite National Park?
« on: June 26, 2023, 01:12:49 AM »
Yosemite held Pride event — and now there are calls for boycotts. Here’s what happened

Yosemite National Park became the latest target of boycott threats after hosting a Pride parade for park staff. Here’s what happened.

Popular drag queen and environmentali st Pattie Gonia posted a TikTok showing a Pride parade for park staff on June 8 that quickly went viral.

“Hello, in case you didn’t know, gay people are literally taking over the National Park System,” they say in the video, which shows participants hiking through the park with pride flags and attire.

Pattie Gonia then describes how they helped throw Pride at Yosemite for the third year in a row.

“As you can see, there are literal hundreds of queer Yosemite employees,” the drag queen, whose personal identity is Wyn Wiley, says in the video. “We danced. We marched. We celebrated. And we got wet. I am so proud of all the community organizers in the park system who are making safe space for queer people all year round.

@pattiegonia all parks are gay now, those are the rules. #pride #yosemite #queer ♬ original sound - pattiegonia
“No planet, no Pride,” they added. “Mother Nature is a lesbian. Goodbye.”

The video caught the attention of conservative commentator and Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, who shared it with his 2.3 million Twitter followers.

“Now even our national parks are hosting drag queens for ‘Pride Month’,” Kirk said.

His post inspired some of his followers to suggest boycotting the park.

“It’s time to boycott Yosemite!!!” one said.

“Looks like we’ll skip the hike today,” someone else said.

“I won’t be going there anymore,” another commented.

The park received some negative comments on a statement about the parade it posted on Instagram, with some joking about conservative boycotts.

“What in the bud light at target is going on here,” one asked, seemingly sarcastically.

“Please promise us you’ll try and cancel Yosemite,” someone replied. “I’m being serious. If you conservatives are so upset that they’re showing support for us then please by all means stay home and drink your Coors light and then maybe just maybe the park will be enjoyable again without the crowds.”

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Re: No love for rainbow allowed at Yosemite National Park?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 01:31:30 PM »
I get it... you want people to acknowledged your existence but why do you have the need to force it down people's throat?
Thailand have probably the most trans, gays etc etc in the world, yet you hardly see any Pride flags or people forcing other to use their pronouns etc etc

I see trans and drags everywhere but they don't twerk to children or put on kink shows to children etc etc just going about their days like everyone else does.

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements