Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 HD is about right for this mom, she had all 8 kids at once & all are teens now  (Read 204 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Shares Ripped Gym Picture While Revealing She Herniated 3 Discs During Pregnancy

"I would not have the mental or physical wherewithal to do what I do if it were not for working out!" Suleman wrote in a new candid post

Nadya Suleman is getting candid about her health since giving birth to her octuplets in 2009.

On Tuesday, the 47-year-old mom opened up about her fitness journey on Instagram since welcoming her eight children: Noah, Josiah, Nariyah, Maliyah, Jonah, Jeremiah, Isaiah and Makai, 14.

Sharing several gym selfies and a video of herself in action, Suleman wrote in her caption, “I’ve been asked for years how I stay physically strong and healthy (and mentally sane 😵‍💫), in spite of my stressful, busy lifestyle with such a big family.”

“Lifting weights has been my method of constructively channeling stress, consistently, for over 30 years,” she continued. “Weight training has become even more of a priority subsequent to birthing octuplets, to maintain my strength and mobility alone.”

She further revealed: “As a repercussion of the pregnancy, I sustained three more herniated discs (had one herniated disc from a work related injury decades ago); bilateral sciatica; damaged sacrum and peripheral neuropathy (and a torn abdominal cavity to top it off 💁🏻‍♀️).”

“Such disabilities would render me incapacitated if I were to lead a sedentary lifestyle. Though it seems counterintuiti ve, the more active I am, the less pain I experience,” Suleman shared. “Several days without weight training exacerbates my already excruciating back pain and near immobility.”

“I strive to strength train 3-4 days per week, plus one hour of cardio 4-5 days per week (switched from the stair master to stationary bike years ago),” she said of her workout routine.

“Fortunately, my kids have adopted the same active lifestyle. My oldest three weight train, far heavier than I, and more frequently,” noted Suleman, referring to her sons Elijah, 21, and Joshua, 19, and daughter Amerah, 20. She is also mom to twins Calyssa and Caleb, 16, and son Aidan, 17.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Advertisements