Advertisement

Author Topic: Had horse and croc meat in Vietnam...  (Read 360 times)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Had horse and croc meat in Vietnam...
« on: June 28, 2023, 08:08:33 AM »
Was in Southeast Asia the last couple of weeks... Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia and just inside border of Myanmar (Burma) and Thailand. Still much fighting in Myanmar to tour that country.

Was traveling around in Sapa with a companion and stop in one of those side road restaurant... they had horse meat and croc meat. So, I ordered some and it was good... Can't tell the difference from horse meat to cow. I also picked up one of those skewered croc meat on a stick on the way out. It was a little chewy...

Also had Water Buffalo meat in Laos... not difference from cow steak.

NO I did not eat dog, cat or any other meat...

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:12:04 AM by Hung_Low »

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: Had horse and croc meat in Vietnam...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 08:51:48 AM »
You meet any of our hmong viet commie in SAPA??
Thats on the bucket list
But when you are poor and broke

Can’t afford to travel

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 09:01:43 AM »
You meet any of our hmong viet commie in SAPA??
Thats on the bucket list
But when you are poor and broke

Can’t afford to travel

;D ;D

Actually yes... met a few of them. The Hmong are very poor in these countries - not saying all Hmong are but majority of them are and some still live in mud floor, bamboo thatched shed. I felt really bad about it but I can't help them all. Saw a lot of small Hmong children with babies on their backs selling trinkets and begging in the street of Sapa. I was told that it was much much worst a few years back but the Viet authorities cracked down on it because of bad publicity for tourism. Was also told that the parents of these children purposely does this because it drives more sympathy from tourists to give more... feel bad that these children will not have a good future because they're not getting educated.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 10:16:29 AM »
Nice. I’ve never done croc meat. Tried gator and didn’t like it much. Maybe it was over cooked.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 12:52:27 PM »
Cool.

That is a great personal experience.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 01:38:58 PM »
that is a good way to knock out a few countries in one year.  I would do one country a year with more time to concentrate on each country. 

they have gator and horse meat here in cali.  They imported them horse meat from nevada as them horses there are wild mustangs. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 01:46:27 PM »
Actually yes... met a few of them. The Hmong are very poor in these countries - not saying all Hmong are but majority of them are and some still live in mud floor, bamboo thatched shed. I felt really bad about it but I can't help them all. Saw a lot of small Hmong children with babies on their backs selling trinkets and begging in the street of Sapa. I was told that it was much much worst a few years back but the Viet authorities cracked down on it because of bad publicity for tourism. Was also told that the parents of these children purposely does this because it drives more sympathy from tourists to give more... feel bad that these children will not have a good future because they're not getting educated.

Thats what i like man
I look at my niece and nephew
And all they do is play minecraft and Roblox

They don’t know about the hardships and struggles

Take the phone away
They just die

;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 02:05:18 PM »
that is a good way to knock out a few countries in one year.  I would do one country a year with more time to concentrate on each country. 

they have gator and horse meat here in cali.  They imported them horse meat from nevada as them horses there are wild mustangs. 

I wanted to do that but was short on time and I just hit each country in a few days... Laos was the worst because of the bad road condition. Didn't see much with only 4 days there. Did not know horse meat was available in the US - where are the animal rights activists at?  :2funny: :2funny:

Nice. I’ve never done croc meat. Tried gator and didn’t like it much. Maybe it was over cooked.
I think my croc meat was overcooked too - it was way too chewy. I didn't care for second...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »
Thats what i like man
I look at my niece and nephew
And all they do is play minecraft and Roblox

They don’t know about the hardships and struggles

Take the phone away
They just die

Reminds me of that self proclaimed "LAZY ASS BROKE" idiot that complained about "20 hours a week" of work is too hard so he opted not to work instead, he continues to abuse and leech off the elderly folks that own the basement he lives in. That way he can play COD 24/7 while those poor elderly folks spoon feed him... :idiot2: ;D

These idiots really don't know the real "hardships and struggles" those of us that lived there went through...

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2023, 03:36:48 PM »
I wanted to do that but was short on time and I just hit each country in a few days... Laos was the worst because of the bad road condition. Didn't see much with only 4 days there. Did not know horse meat was available in the US - where are the animal rights activists at?  :2funny: :2funny:

Consuming horse meat is legal in these states

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/horse-meat-legal-states

It is illegal to slaughter horse meat for consumption in california or export them out but nothing forbids you from importing them.  Buy them through fleabay.  It is a cultural dish of the Kazakhstan people so you will have to go with the route of buying some for your Kazakhstan friends for their ritual. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195561082149?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A17ciOl8FSR5WodaBsQOYx7A33&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=195561082149&targetid=1585159290171&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9031907&poi=&campaignid=19894961968&mkgroupid=148855406073&rlsatarget=pla-1585159290171&abcId=9307911&merchantid=6296724&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtO-kBhDIARIsAL6LorccUP9mBaRjCTeHFGYuDbpc8DALGoepgQ0wVjMNmpS6yfLLStusygAaAsqYEALw_wcB

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements