Advertisement

Author Topic: Anybody ever got involved with a narcissist/covert narcissist?  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
If so, the important thing is to leave and don't ever look back. A lot of people make the mistake of wondering if the narcissist ever cared or will have regrets, but that is misplaced energy. The important thing to do is focus on self-healing and moving on so that you can attract someone with the skill set to have a healthy relationship.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 09:13:57 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody ever got involved with a narcissist/covert narcissist?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 11:44:21 PM »
Ruminating about the narcissist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ5D5pzo1oU

Such great insights! A relationship with a narcissist was going to end anyways because the narcissist always find a way to make it end, even if it takes years. All that means is that they used you to supply their ego until they found new supply.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 11:47:45 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 12:09:05 AM »
Wow! Only a narcissist will continue to stay connected to their ex's family in order to have control and be present in the ex's life. It's about control and making it uncomfortable for the ex to move on. I know someone who is doing exactly this! This person is very much involved with the ex's family and I don't mean occasional encounters. I mean going to the extent of acting like a family member, taking vacations with them, attending family holiday gatherings, etc. To think this person was the one who initiated the dumping, yet, continues to make them self present in the ex's family.  ::) What they're doing is turning the family against the ex. This is what narcissists do. They first isolate you from friends and family by love bombing you to hoard all your attention. Once you're hooked, they befriend your family and friends to get them on the narc's side. When you try to explain the emotional abuse, your friends and family only see how great the narc is. They'll think you're just overreacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnLbrOnb8Xw

« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 12:36:50 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 12:24:07 AM »
When I think about the one time I felt so heartbroken, I may have been entangled with someone who had narcissistic tendencies. I often revisit that moment in my life from time to time because it was such a devastating blow. I've been watching a lot of videos about narcissists and/or those with the traits but aren't diagnosed as one. The more I learn, the more I am convinced that I was used as supply for this person.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 12:31:58 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 07:44:05 AM »
yeah I heard that there is a disorder that makes people narcisstic..I think a lot of Hmong people have it...lols you live and you learn..you don't really know someone inside and out right away. that takes time, years, and maybe never really...haha. ...you might get an idea but you can still be wrong..haha. humans are complex now days..so its always best to evaluate, not judge, but evaluate people individually.. .sometimes its the ultra kind, generous, outgoing you avoid..sometim es its the jackass you can actually trust..some people are naturally gifted..they can pick up the tells right away..by someone's demeanor, body language, tone of voice...but even in a complex society, those aspects are becoming harder than ever to verified...som eone who is shy, they might appear to be suspicious out in public...someo ne who didn't commit a crime, but was accuse or speculate of the crime might just admit to something they never did...and then sometimes someone goes off on you...you immediately think they dont like you...when maybe they just had a bad day and took it out on you...does it mean that person is a jackass...mayb e, maybe not..just keep a grey area between you and people...even those you consider closest..haha sucks to say..but you can't expect anyone to wholeheartedly trust you, because you can't with others..I mean you can, but it's like going all in on someone, but like anything in life, it's a gamble and a gamble is never a guarantee win..so only in a life or death situation, whether its to save yourself or someone, most likely your child or children..or maybe spouse..just maybe..lols... should you go all in, if its your only option left..haha

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 09:12:27 AM »
The more I think about what happened, the more I'm convinced that this person had high narcissistic traits and I was their new supply as they were exiting their last relationship or at the very least trying to deal with their ex. Their actions followed the pattern of a narcissist: 1. love bombing, 2. future faking/mirroring, 3. devaluing/discard. I never reached the 4th stage, which is hoovering because I was at a distance and couldn't be physically used. But I hear that their exes experienced all the stages of abuse and never fully recovered.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 12:13:23 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 01:19:42 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTqPPpaPhA

Yep. After the love bombing comes the ghosting. If you bring it up, you will be gaslit.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 04:36:57 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvK7coWv14

Okay. Confirmed. I know someone who is a narcissist.

I'll come back later and post the highlights.

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 10:41:47 PM »
The narcissist's dream supply.

This is a MUST watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsh20DIYkVw

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 06:58:56 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 11:47:50 PM »

Now that there is closure, the healing begins. Time to get back to business and remove this toxicity.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 06:59:14 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 10:49:27 PM »
Now that there is closure, the healing begins. Time to get back to business and remove this toxicity.

You will be stronger than ever.

Advertisements