Advertisement

Author Topic: This is why I don't date a man friend  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
This is why I don't date a man friend
« on: July 01, 2023, 03:50:30 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dtYK7cYWp8

It seems this lady knew that she got herself in a pickle but she was already so invested in this guy that she would be humiliated.

Ladies, do not get into a relationship with a family friend/acquaintance or a guy who didn't originally pursue you as a romantic partner. It always end badly for you. You are nothing but a friend with benefits for him and he will keep using you as long as you allow it. If a man didn't initially see you as a romantic interest but a friend over the years whom he later settled into a relationship with because you two already had a rapport, that just means you were accessible. And I don't mean it in a rude way but that he had to do very little to court you. You two were probably already doing a lot of things together and it was just natural to start sleeping together. The thing is that you already made him a part of the family so when things don't work out, he may still be lingering around your family members. Your family may still be including him, too.

Not exactly in a position to start fresh, whether you are trying to have a new partner or just want to live single. And I mean really live single, not fall back to letting him sleep with you when the both of you feel lonely again. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 11:52:40 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I don't date a man friend
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 07:23:00 PM »
I grew up with this guy who was a good person and actually pretty decent looking, but didn't really seek out girls. He didn't have the confidence. All the moms would always ask us girls why none of us showed interest in him. First of all, many of us only saw him like a brother. Secondly, we didn't want to settle or be someone he settled with.

Years later after many of us got married, he actually married one of our younger sisters who was a homebody, plain, and didn't have any boyfriends. It seemed like all his options were running out. Again, they were familiar with each other so it was easy to just settle with each other. Lo and behold, some time after they had children he cheated with a divorcee. Back then the divorcee wouldn't have given him a chance because she was pretty, popular, and had a lot of boyfriends. But after divorcing and moving back to town, I guess no guy really looked her up despite her still looking very attractive. She was known as a poj laib so the men didn't quite care about her anymore. Now that she was easier for this guy to pursue, he sure got her good. Again, he is a decent looking guy (not fat) and a good husband. This divorcee finally saw him for that after her failed marriage to a laib guy. Our younger sister (not really a sister but that's how we view her) nearly had a heart attack. She fell into a state of depression and now has some PTSD. 

Proximity and familiarity make it easy for people to fall into a relationship but they aren't really in love with each other. They are together because they are like an old t-shirt to each other. Sure, it's the first shirt they grab but they also don't miss it when it's gone. Their heart just isn't with you. They're with you because you are just what they're used to, not what they truly desire.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 08:42:32 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 04:09:39 PM »
...and that's my problem...or the perceived problem that society had dealt onto me.  >:(

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 03:45:20 PM »
You end up being the man friend?  :D

Advertisements