Advertisement

Author Topic: How much should I pay for a 2023 Toyota Camry SE out the door?  (Read 225 times)

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
For those who knows about cars, the car market today, and have good negotiating skills in negotiating for a car I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 02:28:16 PM by Solemn Wind »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Re: How much should I pay for a 2023 Toyota Camry SE out the door?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 02:55:05 PM »
Email all the dealerships you're willing to travel to and asked for an OTD price. I would start at MSRP OTD and go from there and my dealership radius is usually about 100 miles.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 03:27:59 PM »
People have gotten it for 28K

Msrp about 29K

This is for the FWD and not the AWD

No dealer mark up and lots of junk fees involved.  I tell you what.  They willing to drop the prices if they think you can add other junk stuff to that car.  Finance bank wants 9% but they will throw in the 13% interest rate so the house collects 4%.  It is called getting payed on the backend of the deal.  They know they will profit in the long run thus why can drop them prices down.

If they tack on junk fees, tell them to reduce that same amount on the msrp.  If you have the money to pay it off, go with the finance route to drop them prices and at the end of the first month, you call up the bank and say you would like to pay in full.  Expect a call from the dealership because you pulled a fast one on them and they are not making money off your finance deal.  I put their number on block call.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 06:00:45 PM »
For those who knows about cars, the car market today, and have good negotiating skills in negotiating for a car I’d greatly appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

Look it up on carguru for price comparison. Otherwise, check it out on this site: https://www.kbb.com/toyota/camry/

If you plan to cash it, never tell them that off the bat. Keep making them drop the price and then when you're satisfied with the amount, you tell the salesperson this, "The reason I need you to do better is because I'm thinking that I just want to cash this car. You need to do better because I only like to pay in even stacks."

They usually drop it even lower at that point because they know you will walk away with your cash.

I just cashed about $23k on a car at the end of June. That is after the salesperson kept dropping it lower and lower for me. But of course, you have to have already done your homework by doing price comparisons. They know where they can cut fees because a lot of that is just their own handling fees and stuff.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 12:22:02 AM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023, 10:43:52 PM »
I just recently help a buddy buy a Toyota truck
Everything is short supply
Had to order and wait 1-2 months for it to come in
Pay a $500 deposit too
And
Pay $2,000 over MSRP price

;D ;D

Everything is YMMV where you live

God did not created man...man created god

Advertisements