Advertisement

Author Topic: The way pro sport contracts are going, we may see the first $ billion contract  (Read 286 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
in the next 10 years  ???:

- Chargers' Justin Herbert lands mammoth five-year extension that makes him highest-paid player in NFL history
The deal ties Herbert to Los Angeles through the 2029 season

- Two-time All-Star wing Jaylen Brown has agreed to a five-year, $304 million supermax contract extension with the Boston Celtics, making him the highest-paid player in NBA history, his agent, Jason Glushon of Glushon Sports Management, confirmed to Yahoo Sports. ESPN's Marc J. Spears first reported the deal.

- Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels announced their $426.5-million (U.S.), 12-year contract on Wednesday night, a record deal that ties baseball’s top player to the Orange County club for what likely will be the rest of his career.

Trout gets a $20 million signing bonus payable this March 31 and salaries of $16 million this year, $36 million in 2020 and $35.45 million in each of the final 10 years.

- Lionel Messi's leaked Barcelona contract the biggest in sports history. According to the report, Messi would receive a maximum of €555,237,619 (US$673,919,105) over four seasons

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Did you not see the Saudi Arabia offer for Mbappe?

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
"offer" is one thing and officially signed contract is another so we'll see if they can make it official... ???

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Soccer is where the big money is, look at Benzema, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, just a few names.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Agree in regards to the upper tier players i.e., Ronaldo, Messi, etc. Although Soccer is not that big of a deal here in the U.S. compared to the Big 4 (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL), it's huge globally and thus have fans all over the world so those players should get paid the most.

With that said, the gap between the top tier players and bottom end ones is just horrible. I just shake my head because there's such a huge gap between the top tier players and the bottom end ones...

There's a big gap between the top tier players and the bottom end ones in the Big 4 major sports here too but at least, the minimum salary in the NFL, NBA, etc., are still more respectable than say these bottom end Premier players' salaries  ???:

Advertisements