Advertisement

Author Topic: I don't know if this is a safe way to lose weight  (Read 1746 times)

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is a safe way to lose weight
« on: July 31, 2023, 11:20:31 PM »
been doing some serious workout on a empty stomach...Lost 20-30 lbs in the last 4-5 weeks...so yeah...if you really wanna lose weight the right way...it's not cardio, not ab workouts, not weight lifting...it's forcing your body to use your body fat as energy...haha j/k..I'm not a personal trainer...but this seem to have help me....I do follow up a few hours later or so to eat a high protein meal though..and it's the only meal I eat..the rest of the time I do eat, it's a snack..a candy bar, anything..lols ...

so yeah...only thing now is..Johnson gets more excited than usual down there... :2funny:

so yeah..this is all you need to know to losing weight..the weight loss, personal trainers and health experts all knows this..but they want to make it confusing or complicated and complex..why? it's a multi-billion dollar industry..lols

j/k folks...this is just my experiment so far and it's shown to work immensely for me...will post photos if i develop a 6pac..might be a year or two..because I keep gaining weight back on my days off...lols

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: I don't know if this is a safe way to lose weight
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 11:46:26 PM »
I watched the 2022 season of Alone and it got me thinking that the best way to lose weight fast is to limit your caloric intake (aka starve yourself as much as you can) WHILE working out your body at same time.  But stay as hydrated as possible.

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2023, 12:03:59 AM »
I watched the 2022 season of Alone and it got me thinking that the best way to lose weight fast is to limit your caloric intake (aka starve yourself as much as you can) WHILE working out your body at same time.  But stay as hydrated as possible.

Oh I watched that show a few times on netflix..If I'm correct it's folks or families living kind of like off grid in Alaska? Man, yeah..I think for people who naturally has good stamina, this might work..Again I just don't know how safe it is..lols You're gonna get fatigue and tire..but once I think, or Im assuming your body start knocking on your body's fat's door and say "time to melt those fat away" because he/she is not eating anything...you start feeling energetic and actually good..mentally and physically..ju st my experience...a nyone serious about weight loss, should do some serious research and consult a honest weight loss expert..if there is such a thing..lols

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 06:15:49 PM »
Fat has to be converted back to energy and that takes time and vice versa.  We all learned this in biology.  The rate of conversion is based on your metabolic rate.  When working out, the body uses the sugar aka glucose in your blood as energy.  After that, glycogen is next.  Losing 20-30lbs in 4-5 weeks is not healthy and mostly water weight.  Diet is key to losing weight.  Also not eating will put your body in a catabolic state.  Do your research folks. 

Different 💩 same smell

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 10:34:58 PM »
Fat has to be converted back to energy and that takes time and vice versa.  We all learned this in biology.  The rate of conversion is based on your metabolic rate.  When working out, the body uses the sugar aka glucose in your blood as energy.  After that, glycogen is next.  Losing 20-30lbs in 4-5 weeks is not healthy and mostly water weight.  Diet is key to losing weight.  Also not eating will put your body in a catabolic state.  Do your research folks.

do what works for you...lols j/k..you know you're right. my wife try to do what I do and she got sick as a dog..lols i guess for men it works temporarily... I went back to eating as usual. just no more rice, no more sodas and energy drinks. until cheat day. or days...lols

thanks for enlightening us...i say it;s safe to follow what works for a Hmong person...if it works for them, it likely will work for you too..lols I knew of friends who are Hmong..and all they did was lift weight..no cardio..and a balance mostly healthy dietand they got ripped withing a year or two..before they were like me, slightly over weight..haha

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2023, 04:32:12 PM »
do what works for you...lols j/k..you know you're right. my wife try to do what I do and she got sick as a dog..lols i guess for men it works temporarily... I went back to eating as usual. just no more rice, no more sodas and energy drinks. until cheat day. or days...lols

thanks for enlightening us...i say it;s safe to follow what works for a Hmong person...if it works for them, it likely will work for you too..lols I knew of friends who are Hmong..and all they did was lift weight..no cardio..and a balance mostly healthy dietand they got ripped withing a year or two..before they were like me, slightly over weight..haha
People have to understand that exercising stimulates the body it reacts thus weight loss and muscle gain early on.  The body adapts hence getting healthier.  Lifting weights and gaining muscle mass will increase the metabolic rate.  Don't deprive yourself of rice, it'll boost your insulin level.  Just don't eat too much.  As the saying goes, every body is different.  It takes trial-and-error.  Good luck on your journey and keep us posted.   O0

Like this post: +1
Different 💩 same smell

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 01:15:20 PM »
JJ,

All you have to know is that every time you eat, your body will produce insulin. If you don't use up insulin then it turns to fat. I know it's a lot more complex than this because you have to consider what types of food you're eating, sugar, yadda yadda yadda. BUT WHO HAS THE MENTAL SPACE TO THINK ABOUT THAT ALL THE TIME?

In a nutshell, don't snack all day long. Practice IF (intermittent fasting). 16:8. No eating for 16 hours and then eat a meal in an 8-hour window. I like IF because I'm not depriving myself of any foods. For example, if I want pho and nab vam, I save it for the day when I break my IF. Of course, eating healthy and in smaller portions will expedite weight loss but just saying.

I don't like to work out. It's very boring. What I like to do is stay active, especially walking. You just need 10,000 steps to maintain weight. To lose weight, go at least 15,000+. Call a good friend and talk while you walk. Listen to an audiobook, podcast, playlist, Youtube channel  ;), etc.

Last but not least, MANAGE YOUR STRESS LEVEL. None of the things I mentioned will ever work if you aren't in a happy place. Surround yourself with positive and uplifting people who are excited to be in your presence. Find something that arouses your passionate side.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 09:59:34 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 07:49:43 PM »
Thanks BNM,

I will go with your advice, I already do a ton of walking at work. so should be no problem. Will post my 6 pack in a few years.  ;D

Advertisements